PDA

View Full Version : 450r questions.... honda.

womerk28
05-12-2008, 11:26 AM
i'm leaving it all stock for now.... i've heard good things about these 450 motors and bad things....

some people tell me there indestructable and some tell me there junkk.... some other opions... meaning by junk they say the top ends... ( valves)

kawiefan
05-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Its just like anything with a motor, take care of her and it will last a while.

Pojo450r
05-12-2008, 03:22 PM
i havent heard of bad valves but the cranks were having some problems i had to replace mine but my other 3 riding buds still havent had any problems out of their quads and 2 of them hardly change their oil much less clean their filter im always changing mine and keep rountine maintice up just luck of the draw i guess

CRE Performance
05-13-2008, 05:53 AM
I ride 30+ and Local pro MX on my 450R, ive been riding it for 3 1/2 seasons now with over 80 races on the stock bottom end, not counting the few XC races, and mulitple many practices. I have however put a 14.5:1 piston in it last as well as ported the head. Its had a cam, exhaust, and opened airbox since day one. I change the oil every 2 practices or races, oil filter every 4, clean the air filter every ride, and change the clutch/gearbox oil every 5 rides. I feel that if you stay on top of the maint, they will last you a really long time.

matoyfz48
05-16-2008, 07:36 PM
hi,look,all 450r need a hard maintenance,honda´s motors are indestructibles,butthe trx is the same thing as an yfz,the ltr needs less maintenence,but its still needs a hard maintenance and controls,i thing if you are starting to ride a 450,yo can do the same that CE Performance sayd,but as a longer time...see ya,good luck

SALUDOS DESDE ARGENTINA