PDA

View Full Version : chest protection

Pojo450r
05-12-2008, 10:36 AM
recently hit a tree and seperated my collar bone from sholder i am lookin for opinions on which chest protecter to buy and which is more comfortable i have seen ones with protection over the shoulder and just wanting to know other riders opinions thanks

Pojo450r
05-12-2008, 11:19 AM
come on does anybody where one?

FTR250Rnif
05-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Im wearing one of these RXR Protectors for this season. There really comfortable and light. David Villimen and some other supercross riders are wearing them also. i guess there really popular over in Europe because the other plastic chest protectors are snapping and stabbing the riders! check em out
http://www.rxrprotectnorthamerica.com/productview.asp?p=20

quad2xtreme
05-12-2008, 12:43 PM
I just saw the one mentioned about in Dirt Wheels or maybe ATV Sport. Looks interesting for sure. I am definitely interested in seeing one of these. I would switch in a minute if it offered better protection over my Thor Force. I wear a Thor Force mostly because it seemed to offer the best spine protection without go to a full armor type suit. It has heavy plastic and padding down the spine area. I added a number panel on the back to which is just one more layer of plastic.

I seriously doubt any chest protector is going to protect you from a broken collarbone.

KXRida
05-12-2008, 12:54 PM
thor sentinel. Works great with a leatt.

quad2xtreme
05-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
thor sentinel. Works great with a leatt.

I think he was asking for your advice on having a chest protector with or without shoulder protection. Do you think the shoulder pads help protect against a broken collarbone?

bwamos
05-12-2008, 01:38 PM
When I seperated my shoulder/collarbone (full seperation) about 5 years ago, I used a neoprene shoulder brace and a chestprotector w/ shoulderpads. It makes a big difference, but you really need both.

TRX450RACER174
05-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I think he was asking for your advice on having a chest protector with or without shoulder protection. Do you think the shoulder pads help protect against a broken collarbone?

He did not break his collar bone he seperated his ac joint which is the shoulder to collarbone ligaments are torn, IMO every thing helps i use a Thor Force chect protector and a Leatt brace but honestly any type of right impact will seperate the shoulder.
What type of tear do you have Pojo450r ? i seperated mine in Februrary it's a type 3 tear no broken bones but both ligaments are torn complete so i have chosen no surgery and physical therapy, good luck Erik

KXRida
05-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme

shoulder pads will not protect your collarbone from an impact like that, especially if you're wearing a leatt.

Pojo450r
05-12-2008, 02:59 PM
450r racer mine is exactly the same class 3 sepration of ac joint did not do surgery docter said it would be fine in 4 to 6 weeks it just happend 8 days ago it already feels alot better . do u have any problems out of yours still ?

TRX450RACER174
05-12-2008, 03:36 PM
It's been 3 months since i did mine, after the 1st week it was alot better as far as pain and discomfort, All i can say is take your time do some exercise your doctor should give you a list of exercises to do don't go extreme and you should be fine, I have not considered getting on my quad yet i'm gonna wait 3 more months cause it's gonna be summer time and in the 100's here pretty quick so i will opt for more time off and exercise and get a good shoulder brace 661 or EVS something that will give you some support. I have no pain at all right now but when you do something like lifting with some weight on it you can really feel that it is not right in there. Be patient and don't rush it cause if you ain't gotta shoulder worth anything you can't ride.
Good Luck Erik:)