PDA

View Full Version : ltz50 mods

highpsd
05-11-2008, 08:59 PM
hey fellas. i just bought an 08 ltz50 for my kid and holy crap what a doggy piece of junk. what is the deal. ive read every thread on this site(and others) about everything everyone has to say about them and i wish i woulda read them before i bought it. my boy has a crf50 that is stock and its 5 times as fast as the ltz. anyway i know some of you was complainin about the rev limit. i noticed that at half throttle it is cuttin out bad. please dont tell me thats where it revs out at. i thought maybe the carb needed adjusted. any info would help.

ive read it all and ill tell you guys what i plan on doin and give me some feedback please on how this sounds. hopefully this wakes this little quad up.

ltz90 cdi
ct or fmf pipe
take out 3 rollers on the clutch
aftermarket filter
limit spacer washer deal

thanks in advance.

highpsd
05-12-2008, 03:02 PM
well the the suzuki dealer wanted 210 for the ltz cdi so i figured i just get the one with the settings from ct racing for the same price.

ct said it wouldnt do any good for my quad unless i bought the ct pipe and filter and there was no way i would get any low end even if i bought the clutch roller kit.

i figured i could just drill out the stock one and i already got a UNI foam filter. i thought i could just cut the intake off from the airbox and clamp it on. it would be the same set up as my crf 50 intake.

ill keep your guys updated

lt80 dad
05-14-2008, 07:08 PM
i've heard of running a ltz90 cdi box and having good results.

highpsd
05-14-2008, 07:49 PM
yeah i was gonna get a ltz90 cdi but the dealership wanted 210 for it. i went ahead and got the adjustable cdi from ct racing. hopefully it makes it run better. im still waitin on it and the uni intake. it made a good difference by doin the pipe mod and takin out some clutch rollers.

i made some custom wheel spacer and got them on. added a total of 5 inches to the front and back. ill post some pics sometime when i can.