PDA

View Full Version : never thought..

ktMan
05-11-2008, 06:42 PM
well i never thought anything could want me to get rid of my 525xc, but god damn i rode a cbr 1000 today and it was insane. aha im not actually goin to do it but the bike was nice and fast, 4th gear + 270kmh = one big smile!

hasbeenttduner
05-13-2008, 07:44 AM
Remember that not everyone sees you.Think about it before you take that jump.

Scro
05-13-2008, 09:46 AM
:eek2: Do you know how fast they were going?

ktMan
05-13-2008, 03:09 PM
i was on a non busy road, not like a hwy or anything. no cars around, just me and the open road.

bwamos
05-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by trxman
i was on a non busy road, not like a hwy or anything. no cars around, just me and the open road.

That's where it usually happens. Long straight secluded roads.

You're out there all alone, hauling butt. And a car pulling up to a side road intersection 1/8 of a mile in front of you looks your direction, looks the other directon for 2 seconds, and pulls out (hell you were an 1/8 of a mile away, assuming they saw you.) You've traveled 493ft. What's your evaluation and breaking reaction time? 1/2 second? If so you just traveled another 123ft. That gives you 44ft to stop from ~200mph. Not gonna happen.

Not trying to nag. Street bikes are awsome, but most people fail to see the magnitude/danger of traveling 150mph+ on a public road.

I only say this, because I personally know people that have died on those secluded roads w/ body parts spread across the countryside. And, no I'm not exagerating.

lazerusrm
06-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Dont speed on public Roads, thats not what bikes are for.

I have a CBR1000RR

yes its fast

but not on the street.

:)

shoot, i paid more for my KTM than i did for my 1000rr....

hatfield44
06-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Not trying to nag. Street bikes are awsome, but most people fail to see the magnitude/danger of traveling 150mph+ on a public road.

You can get killed on a public road just as easy doing 25mph as you can 100mph. All it takes is one car or truck (especially a truck) too hit you and kill you through no fault of your own, or even worse make you a quadraplegic.
Any time you you get on the highway or near it, (even in a semi-tractor), you are putting your life at risk, and in the hands of others. You know you may kill yourself before you open the throttle; the only bad thing about high speed is that you may hurt someone else who didn't volunteer for it.

54warrior
06-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Driving to and from your job is the most dangerous thing you do each day.

bryishre
07-04-2008, 09:54 PM
i drive for my job every day and i see a bike pass me at a high rate of speed i just hope im not switching lanes and i not see them