PDA

View Full Version : Please help new ignition coil/cdi box

badk1dizsik
05-11-2008, 05:10 PM
I just got a AMR Stage 3 CDI Rev Box and a AMR Monster Ignition Coil and I put them both on exactly how the stock ones were on and I fired it up and its popping really bad the throttle gives out and then it just keeps shutting off it wont stay running. Could someone please help me out with this?

Thank You

Wheelie
05-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Contact AMR, sounds like a faulty rev box.

05-11-2008, 05:20 PM
was your jetting lean prior to putting the stuff on? Try taking off just the AMR CDI and put the stock back on see if it cures it. If not i think its with the coil.

badk1dizsik
05-11-2008, 06:04 PM
ok i will try that thank you

hornetgod13
05-12-2008, 02:01 AM
I purchased both too and had the identical problem. It was a defective Stage 3 Rev box. The monster coil is fine. I contacted AMR and they admitted that thay have issues with some of there Rev Boxes. I shipped it back and they sent me a Pro Com Rev Box and it works fantastic.

Wheelie
05-12-2008, 06:15 PM
I just got done installing an AMR Monster Coil and Stage 2 rev box. Mine kept popping and dying at an idle, but would run ok once the rev's picked up.

To get it to run right again, I ended up with a 52pilot and the A/F screw out 2.5turns. It starts and runs great.

With the stock CDI, I was running a 48 pilot and the A/F screw out 2 turns and it ran great.

badk1dizsik
05-14-2008, 07:43 PM
OK I dont know if this guy had it jetted when he put the T4 Pro pipe, K&N, and 416 rebuild... If I dont know that and I have to go 2 sizes bigger is there a way to find out what size I have in it or is there a safe size i should be able to put in it to take away the popping and all that other stuff?