PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Hood

mooseracerX
05-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Hello, I'm really sorry if this has been asked which I'm sure it has but I couldn't find any threads that helped me.
Alright so I was racing today and got the the outside of a turn and got sideways and flipped the quad. I was alright but the Quad Tech hood suffered most the damage along with the Rox Powermadd handguards. Well anyways I have Maiers race plastic with a huge hole cut in the middle for the scoop of the hood. I'm thinking I might crash again so I want a plastic hood. I'm thinking about the Maiers scooped one but I don't know how it would look. Has anyone tried fitting a 450r hood on the 400ex? I think I'll go with the Maier's scooped in black. I was wondering if anyone had on their quad that could post a picture too see what it looks like.
Thank you
Mooseracerx
***Edit here's a link to the hood I was talking about
http://www.maier-mfg.com/shop.cfm?Product_ID=50966&page=details.cfm&cartaction=none&thisrow=14&action=list&criteria=101&startrow=11,11&mystartrow=1&maxrows=10&cat=&man=&stay=&afid=&searchcat_id=&itemprice=&searchfield=&searchman_id=&boolean=&var1=&var2=&var3=&makeid=10&modelid=173&modelyear=2002

05-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Braap had that hood in the Carbon Fiber look.

rideredxc
05-11-2008, 03:20 AM
I bought one of those to put on stock plastic, but I ended up using a 250r hood instead. It's not a bad looking hood, it just wouldn't cover up enough of the stock headlight stuff I cut off. If you have actual maier racing plastic w/out headlight crap it should work good. I'll sell you mine for $45 shipped. Brand new with hardware and sticker.

mooseracerX
05-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Hey thanks guys for the replies. rideredxc I'll think about it, I'm going to see what kinds of 250r hoods they got right now.
Could you get a picture of that 250r hood on the quad? It looks like they are too flat to fit but I'm probably wrong.
***edit never mind I found some on another thread and I think I'll go with the 250r style like that.

mooseracerX
05-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey is that hood hard to put on? Did you have to trim it down to put on or not? I'm going to be picking one up pretty soon so I just wanted to know what I am getting myself into.

rideredxc
05-12-2008, 06:19 AM
The 250r hood goes on with no trimming. Piece of cake.

mooseracerX
05-12-2008, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I'll be able to order it soon.