PDA

View Full Version : Clutch lever hot start

norton
05-10-2008, 09:18 PM
i have to get a aftermarket clutch lever and the stock one has wires on it, is that hot start related? because i dont want to just get a regular clutch lever and end up needn the hotstart

pro-rider46
05-10-2008, 09:27 PM
well your hotstart is a cable with absolutly no wires that work with it. but if i were you i would get a clutch lever that has a hotstart lever because its nice when you got to kick it.

i know this is a stupid question, but your 07 is a kicker right? if not you dont have a hotstart.

05-11-2008, 05:47 AM
I removed my hot start. I never used it. My quad fires right up hot or cold.

ASV makes a nice one. Check on ebay ASV sells rebult one very cheap. If you didn't know thet were rebuilt you would swear they were new. Eveyone I ride with bought them from him.

norton
05-11-2008, 09:28 AM
no its electric start, so its not hot start or is it wiring just to engage the normal electric start

Pojo450r
05-11-2008, 10:11 AM
yea i got asv levers off ebay you cant tell there used i broke the quick adj off the perch and i called asv the lady was super nice and it was covered under warrenty i really suggest them

05-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by norton
no its electric start, so its not hot start or is it wiring just to engage the normal electric start

Those wires are for when you start it in gear. Just splice them together. If you don't the quad will only start in neutral.

norton
05-11-2008, 07:53 PM
know where i can find a diagram of the wires to splice them or can i just cut them and loop em? or do i have to connect them in a order?