PDA

View Full Version : First real race

mudder700
05-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Tommorrow is my sons first real race, actually his first district race, he will be on his DRR50, that has had some upgrades from Gary, my thanks go out to him, we'll see what happens, he is very excited about it and I will post how he made out, I am sure that his DRR will run with the best of them.......:)

wvspeedfreak
05-10-2008, 06:14 PM
As long as he has fun it is considered a success!!Tell him I said good luck :macho

bulldogfallon
05-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Good luck and remember to have fun....

Things will go wrong and you will forget something...That is normal....for us at least :)

Please keep us posted!!

I am sure he will make the DRR Nation proud!!

#404's Dad
05-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Have fun and Good luck !!!

mudder700
05-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Ok Guys,first thing is he won his class both motos....awesome.... Second thing is, his DRR didn't do well, I need some help, after practice, we went to his backup quad, his modded Predator 50, it ran awesome, now back to his DRR50, Tuesday he practiced for 30 minutes and it ran flawlessly, today during practice, it wouldn't even pull the hills and seemed not to rev hardley at all, also it seems that once in a while it acts like it jumps a tooth or something, it must be internal as the chain and sprockets are fine, we have a Keihen PE20 carb with a Uni filter on it and are about 1600 feet above sea level, I just don't understand how it can run great one day and 4or 5 days later it runs terrible, any help will be greatly appreciated.How hard is it to change the internal gear to a hardened one, maybe that is the jumping, I am not sure..By the way, he had a blast and is hooked, his trophy is almost as big as he is....Thanks Guys......

neveready
05-11-2008, 04:48 PM
what type of clutch components are you running? the torsion springs and rollers in some batches have worn very fast and caused these issues before(ie worn torsion or flat spotted rollers), The gear jumping is probably the tranny if your rider has landed on the gas a few times. They don't "jump" teeth though, they are just kicking past where a tooth has broken off and will break off the other teeth. The hardended gear won't keep them from breaking if they land on the gas, there are a few options for this though. I am just guessing here from your explanation,but you can PM me if you need more direct help.

JIM GRACE
05-13-2008, 06:11 PM
similiar thing happened to us 2 weeks ago.. it wound up that the air filter
was not sealed right and sucked air in to the carb making it bog on the bottom end...

brandon's dad #55

mudder700
05-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks Jim, I will check that as well,I pulled all the clutches apart and found nothing, so I am kinda at a loss, I will try everything that anyone suggests at this point, I am thinking carb,but open to other thoughts as well.Kurt

coffing918
05-24-2008, 08:40 PM
N NBV

JIM GRACE
05-24-2008, 09:33 PM
is that sign language,or are you lost??
anyways, welcome aboard..:D

brandon's dad #55

forgiven
05-25-2008, 06:50 AM
I have seen a few different things that have done that. Air leaks via overtightening air filter or cracks on the intake. The other thing I have seen here recently is some material in the carbs that after a little bit works its way loose. Take your bowl off and take your jets out and blow them out with high pressure air or carb cleaner. If you use the bottom plug to drain the fuel don't take it out all the way to see if there is foreign material in there. See if that helps. I have had that happen on my last 5 quads albeit 90's but could be across the line. Lastly I have had to replace the stock plug after running a bit and never had another problem since. I know that is a lot but they are easy and cheap so...

miniquad
05-26-2008, 04:45 PM
The jumping of the teeth could be a bent swingarm it may be bent and you dont know it. When the rider sits on the quad or rear suspension is loaded the chain goes slack, check the swinger.