Walsh
Houser- which had several but of the houser i like he MGC slicast the best
Gibson
ARS-fx
Laeger

is it true ARS-fx robbed the geometry from the laeger arms
I heard rated X was good but again another laeger one
Texiera Tech seems to be doing some things'

By the way im talking about Xc armsLaeger makes a +.5 most make a +1 its too wide i read in an article ARS makes bikk 3/8
Anyonw got opinions facts etc on this

jherbie28
05-10-2008, 10:12 AM
i used to run houser +3 longtravel on my kfx with pep shocks and they were good arms i thought, expensive to rebuild them(ball joints, seals, bearings)

i run the new walsh z75 flow arms on my ltr and love them, look great, perform great, the gussets are nice and big. best suspension components in my opinion.

oh also the best customer service, nate at walsh is an awsome guy to deal with.

Benjithx
05-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Walsh:devil:

Walsh makes top notch parts. Crazy strong and well designed

400exrider707
05-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Benjithx
Walsh:devil:

Walsh makes top notch parts. Crazy strong and well designed

and extremely overpriced! Still cool looking though...

yfzmx10
05-11-2008, 10:35 PM
roll design or atv four-play

these are some really superb handling arms

usp4u
05-19-2008, 01:05 PM
+1 on the Walsh. super strong, best handling suspension i've had.

nate @ walsh has bent over backwards for me a couple times.

Honda#4
05-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Roll Design, I love the quality, the fast shipments and the customer service, plus they look great.

Second fav is Walsh

05-19-2008, 03:26 PM
For XC I would go with ARS FX all the way.

NacsMXer
05-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
Roll Design, I love the quality, the fast shipments and the customer service, plus they look great.

Second fav is Walsh

I'll second that. I've had nothing but good quality service/parts from Roll. Parts are expensive like anything else but you definitely get your money's worth. It's hard to go wrong with all the arms mentioned in this thread IMO :o

400exrider707
05-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
I'll second that. I've had nothing but good quality service/parts from Roll. Parts are expensive like anything else but you definitely get your money's worth. It's hard to go wrong with all the arms mentioned in this thread IMO :o

I agree except I wouldn't say they're expensive like anything else.... roll is in it's own category of expensive...

Honda#4
05-20-2008, 04:54 PM
I agree except I wouldn't say they're expensive like anything else.... roll is in it's own category of expensive...

Very True, but I believe true performance comes with a price, after all you gotta pay to play. But yes Roll is definently singled out outta everyone price wise except for the Pro-Trax front end.

Theres only few that dare buy a $400+ stem and $240 footpegs :p

jdpdave
05-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Wht not consider JD Performance? Dave was Laegers chassis builder for 11 years.

NacsMXer
05-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by jdpdave
Wht not consider JD Performance? Dave was Laegers chassis builder for 11 years.

I ran JD arms before I put the Roll arms on mine. Excellent quality stuff, and again, nothing but great customer service from the company. Yet another good a-arm choice :)

ohsobad_chevy
05-21-2008, 02:28 PM
I own JD arms and couldn't be happier with them. They are built very well and priced right. ;)

Pappy
05-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Roll is decent, but for XC they can run you dry in the wallet. XC = replaing parts alot, and Rolls bushings are $$...lot sof $$$ and the same holds true for Walsh.

Houser, ATV Fourplay, JB and ARS-FX all seem to be top ticket for those that actually race alot of XC because they work, and replacement parts are not AS bad as others.

They all work well, but think about the maintence costs of your going to race, and I mean race not just play ride in a field!

national #9
05-22-2008, 01:14 PM
We use a little known a-arm company called KOQ racing, they build a quality product, have a lot of new ideas, and their price's are great, I heard they just signed Justin Bush, and Greg Meeks, so if the pro's are looking at them they must be doing somthing right.

Pono
05-22-2008, 05:09 PM
JD performance. best quality and price. pretty much bolt them up and forget about them. just shoot some wd 40 where they mount to the frame after you wash your bike and you are golden. reallyn consider them

Pono
05-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
who likes which brand and why
Walsh
Gibson
ARS-fx
Laeger

By the way im talking about Xc armsLaeger makes a +.5 most make a +1 its too wide i read in an article ARS makes bikk 3/8

all the companies are goin to use a geometry to get the desired leverage ratio. i dont quite know how someone can steal. its not like its a big mystery what good ratio is. you would keep fabbing until you got the ratio you needed. does that make sense???? i think i even confused myself.

Dave400ex
05-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
who likes which brand and why
Walsh
Gibson
ARS-fx
Laeger

Actually you have it backwards on the ARS-FX. Thanks to Borich the Laeger XC arms are based off of the ARS-FX.