PDA

View Full Version : Painting plastics?

BrandonV
05-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I just bought some rear fenders but they don't match my faded front ones at all. I was wondering if spray painting them works because i was thinking about spray painting them red or black.Thanks.

coryatver
05-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Don't do it it works horrible. It is good on show quads but on quads that are ridden the plastic flexes and the paint will crack and fall off, or get scratched off.

BrandonV
05-10-2008, 11:32 AM
oh ok thanks

elmer91
05-10-2008, 02:54 PM
exactly what coryatver said, but there is something that is a spray paint that supposedly fuses with the plastic. whether ti works or not, i dont know. but too me, it doesnt look like it would, but you never know.

DementeD
05-10-2008, 03:01 PM
i know someone on here recently plainted his plastics..not sure how it came out...

anyway ..i know Krylon Fusion for plastics is suppose to work without sanding or primer..but..thats just what they claim..and more then likely it works on plastics that arent getting flexxed like atv plastics will..

however u can definitely give it a shot..if it works great..if not strip the paint..or just buy the plastics like u were planning to anyway..

its pretty much what i plan to do..imma try painting them like a burgundy color cuz i think that dark red would look good with blk..and since i dont see any plastics that color for sale..ill try it and see how it looks..then eventually order the plastics ill have to settle with..which i may do blk plastics and eventually powder coat the frame the burgundy color

Rip_Tear
05-10-2008, 03:36 PM
In the how to section Mxjunkie made a post about painting your plastics. He did a great job and it held up really well from what he's said. I'd read up on that thread and see. It's not like it's a really expensive thing to do.