PDA

View Full Version : Cam Trouble

livetoride
05-09-2008, 08:29 PM
A few days ago I installed a Crower intake cam and A dirt bike exhaust cam in my KFX450. after I put it back together I went to start it and it just cranked over and fired like it was about to start but never would. Since then I have had it apart several times to try and figure out what the problem is but have come up empty so far. I have checked and rechecked everything to make sure I didn't miss anything and found nothing. The only way to start it is to pull start it with another atv. once I do get it started it runs great with no problems. I'm only having an issue with getting to start by its self. It wouldn't even start when I tried to use my battery charger set on the jump start mode. Something is wrong but I can't figure it out.

05-10-2008, 07:29 AM
there a compression release pin? on your cam. if thats getting stuck or not working that can be your problem. Or its off a tooth.

livetoride
05-10-2008, 09:22 AM
The decompression pin is working and the timing is set exactly were the service manual says it should be. Unless its supposed to be set different which I don't know because the cams did not come with any extra instructions.