PDA

View Full Version : got my 400 back

UNBROKEN
05-09-2008, 07:24 PM
FINALY!!!!!!!!!! after 3 months i got my 400 BACK, its now a 10/1 86.5 mm, my guess is 408 ? ith a stage 1 hotcam and whitebrothers e series its not as powerful as i thought i would have got after the mods but definitly noticable

, here is some pics

UNBROKEN
05-09-2008, 07:25 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/goneyz400f/Picture038.jpg

UNBROKEN
05-09-2008, 07:26 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/goneyz400f/Picture036.jpg

Ruby Soho
05-09-2008, 07:30 PM
looks cool man

your frame looks like it needs some lovin:devil:

UNBROKEN
05-09-2008, 07:32 PM
i also have a mean valve tap i guess the valves need adjust meant i have 3 hrs on the new topend , i also found a have a broken subframe bent tierod, the whole bike is realy rough shape man this hobby takes all my money :blah:

BigBore24
05-09-2008, 07:51 PM
i would learn to live with the valve tap. hotcams are all like that, it wouldnt hurt to make sure they got them adjusted right tho. why did it take 3 months to do a top end rebuild? where did you take it?

Honda#4
05-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Looks good man, Boy that sure brings back memories to when mine was stock its been so long I didnt even know it was even stock once LOL

UNBROKEN
05-09-2008, 07:54 PM
it was a side job from a guy who worked at a dealer and the parts were all backorederd it took way to long it drove me crazy

UNBROKEN
05-09-2008, 08:01 PM
honda4, i was going to get a set of brand new 45or shcks but when i found i had a broke subframe i said i cant jump anyway now so y buy the shocks:grr:

coryatver
05-10-2008, 07:17 AM
When that motor gets bored it really needs a bigger aftermarket head pipe. Also you should put about twice as many discs in that E-series. You got to let the bigger motor breath.

UNBROKEN
05-10-2008, 07:55 AM
corey i had all 12 discs in and it sounded good but i have those no life neghbors that love to call the police so i only have 5 in i coulned realy tell a change in power even tho i never wound it completey out yet also with 12 in if i loop it the exhuast will rub the ground

TheNewn
05-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Buying that E-series was probably a mistake...that and the stock header are probably really holding you back.

coryatver
05-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Yeah i understand about the neighbors you got to do what you got to do.

I had a slip on and stock header and then When I got a bore I didn't notice any difference in power. I got a high flow header and it really let it loose. Good luck with the new engine.

UNBROKEN
05-10-2008, 08:09 AM
i got a question , my chain is mad loose and the allen key bolts on the swinger are not budging even my 19 volt craftstmen drill couldnt even break them free any suggestions ? and i want to get a fmf powerbomb header but my 400 needs alot more work so im not quite sure how long im keeping it for

BigBore24
05-11-2008, 08:53 AM
i disagree about the header. a high flow header isnt gonna gain that much power over stock, especially if you grind out the weld in the stock pipe. the gain from an aftermarket header arent worth the money it takes to buy one imo. so i agree with you unbroken if you have other things to spend the money on first i would definately do so. carb/intake work will give you more gains than a header and for less money

TRXRacer1
05-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by BigBore24
i disagree about the header. a high flow header isnt gonna gain that much power over stock, especially if you grind out the weld in the stock pipe. the gain from an aftermarket header arent worth the money it takes to buy one imo. so i agree with you unbroken if you have other things to spend the money on first i would definately do so. carb/intake work will give you more gains than a header and for less money X2!

Originally posted by BigBore24
i would learn to live with the valve tap. hotcams are all like that, it wouldnt hurt to make sure they got them adjusted right tho. why did it take 3 months to do a top end rebuild? where did you take it? My Hotcam is almost as quiet as stock. They shouldn't be that loud.

UNBROKEN
05-11-2008, 05:12 PM
i had so much fun this weekend trail riding mud and alot of water but today suxed i was getting ready to load my quad into my truck when a cop came down the road and told me i wasnt alot to ride :blah: and got all my info like my adress, height and weight ? and he ran the vin number, now y would a cop go through all of that when he didnt even catch me riding it , and who was the genis that recommend me to put the 12 discs back in my e series :rolleyes: this sucks im realy :mad: :grr: to mad the least...

BigBore24
05-11-2008, 09:16 PM
were you riding on public ground or private? some people dont like to see others having a good time so they call the cops even if your not hurting anyone or anything:mad:

UNBROKEN
05-12-2008, 12:53 PM
well to get to the trails u have to ride on a public road but when y cousins blaster broke down i pulled him home and tried to pop start it and i think that my white brothers wasnt wanted by the nehbors at 10 in the morining, i learned the lesson the hard way again!!!!:devil:

UNBROKEN
05-12-2008, 01:08 PM
also i found a new problem :eek: when i shift from 4th to 5th WOT it revs up a bit then realy pulls like the cluch is slipping , man this 4 wheelr is worn out and werering my wallet out...:mad: