PDA

View Full Version : best place to source aftermarket R frame besides ebay?

brandonpeake
05-09-2008, 03:28 AM
i mean is 1500 still a fair price for one, obviously despending on whih one it is some are worth more than others but it seems the same 2 or 3 sellers have them,

Id like to build a no link 250R but its just seems to be a reality expensive project

bushwesl
05-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
Id like to build a no link 250R but its just seems to be a reality expensive project

You're not a kidding there!

If you're looking for an aftermarket frame your best bet is eBay and the classified sections of the many forums that are out there. It has taken me quite some time to locate all of the parts needed for my build. I think I started picking up parts for it like 3 months ago, and I'm still not done:ermm: Good luck!

250Renvy
05-09-2008, 08:06 AM
It's wierd but it seems like 250R stuff has actually gone up in price from a couple years ago.

Right around 2005-2006 stuff was dirt cheap then it seems like people didn't want to even sell if stuff was that cheap which seems like good parts have dried up and thus driven the price up so to answer your question $1500 is still kinda high but isn't out of question for a good frame.

I'd say for anything like Walsh, Laegers, Roll design you are looking at $1000 +

Your best bet is to find what you are looking for in a complete quad and rebuild it. It'll be cheaper in the long run and will take less time trying to source good used parts.

If you want a NO-link and have some cash a guy was selling a nice Laeger No-link on ebay a bit ago I can look it up and send the link but I'm sure he wants 6K + which still isn't a bad deal - you'll spend more than that if you start with a $1500 frame.