PDA

View Full Version : changing swingarm

blaster32
05-08-2008, 07:15 PM
i just bought a + 3 swingarm and was looking for advice on putting it on can someone tell me how? also would the brake line be long enough or should i buy a new brake line any help is aprreciated.

mdebuck
05-13-2008, 07:54 PM
hey man, heres what i did. first decide wether you want a longer brake cable and yes that is probably what you want. so take off your brake cable, take of the rear tires,take off swing arm guard.and take off your chain.un bolt the the 2 axle housing bolts and take them out. this should if i remember right take the whole axle out and the swinger should be there along with the shock. next i would go ahead and take the rear shocks mount bolt. after all this take the swingarm bolt off. this should let your swingarm become free. don't forget about your chain roller and all the hardware to put on the new swingarm inless it came with it. go ahead and slip on your new swingarm and put the bolt through it and reverse the above process to get back to where you were except for the seing arm is now 3 inches and you have a longer swingarm. NOTE: when you take off your swingarm bolt you may need to drive it out due to no lubrication so get a longer skinnier bolt and drive it out. same on mounting it you may want to oil or grease up the bolt so it slides you may have to tap it with the hammer a few times. hope this helps