PDA

View Full Version : idle screw installation

fmarchil
05-08-2008, 07:13 PM
I had to change my idle screw and I was wondering if anyone had a picture of where the screw should push on inside the carb. In other words, where does the screw is screwing in the carb?

Thanks

GPracer2500
05-08-2008, 10:48 PM
If you remove the black plastic cover on the right side of the carb you'll see where the end of the idle adjustment knob contacts the throttle cable cam. As you turn the knob it turns a flex cable (covered in a plastic sheath) with a screw on the end. That screw threads into the carb body and the end of that screw contacts the throttle cable cam.

fmarchil
05-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
If you remove the black plastic cover on the right side of the carb you'll see where the end of the idle adjustment knob contacts the throttle cable cam. As you turn the knob it turns a flex cable (covered in a plastic sheath) with a screw on the end. That screw threads into the carb body and the end of that screw contacts the throttle cable cam.

The thing is the idle screw wasn't touching anything in the carb. So I'm not sure where the throttle cable cam is exactly. It's not shown in the service manual.

Anybody has a picture of the situation? It would answer many questions.

thanks again!

GPracer2500
05-09-2008, 03:31 PM
The end of the idle adjustment screw attaches to the carb where I've circled (blue: cover on, red: cover off). What I was calling the throttle cable cam they call the "drum" or throttle drum.

fmarchil
05-09-2008, 04:23 PM
PERFECT!

I'll try that as soon as I get my parts.

thanks alot for your help.