PDA

View Full Version : elka

XC549
05-08-2008, 06:47 PM
has anyone ever changed the bushings barrings on the top and bottom of there elka shocks mine seem to be real lose and was wonding what kind of a job it is to get them out and put new ones in

kbass24emtp
05-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Unless you have access to a press, you might want someone to do it for you. I just replaced the upper o-rings on my rear and it was not too hard to just remove the bushings. To remove the spherical bearing there was a clip holding it in there. I quess you could use a socket and hammer and get it out, but I really don't know how much damage you might do by doing that. More than likley its just your bushings that will need to be replaced. I would give Colby of C&D racing a call. They are a site sponsor here and also an Elka dealer and repair center. He will point you in the right direction.

XC549
05-09-2008, 05:16 AM
yea i wish i would have done that but like an idoit i just called elka and orederd them i never gave him a thought. i have a press good to know that there is a clip that holds them in i dont know what they are sending me hopefully all that i need to fix them

kbass24emtp
05-09-2008, 08:08 AM
To get the bushings out you will need a flat bladed screwdriver. Take the screwdriver and stick through the bolt hole and wiggle it up and down to loosen the bushing. Once you get one bushing out you can take a socket and press the other one out. As for the spherical bearing your on you own. It looks like you just remove the c-clip and press it out. Also remember how the o-rings came out. Mine were a PITA to get back in right. I just used a vise to press the bushings back in and it worked great. Good luck and let me know how it works out. I might need to do this myself one day.