PDA

View Full Version : smoking 525

outlawjeff
05-08-2008, 06:36 PM
just wanted to tell you that my 07 outlaw 525 is smoking quite a bit and burning oil. i was told while i was riding hatfield mccoy a week ago, all my buddies were complaing of the smell and smoke. i have less than 50 hours on it, and also change the oil every 3 rides along with cleaning the air filter after every ride. took it to the dealer today and they seem to think i need a top end rebuild already, but not sure until they get into it. This will all be covered under my warranty they said.

suprdavtn
05-09-2008, 05:23 AM
i had the same prob. mine was slightly overfilled with oil and when i went down a steep hill oil would pass througt the vent that is run into the carb. from there in made its way into the engi through the valve into the exhaust packing and would smoke for a few minutes. run the vent into the air box and block off the carb. the fix the emmisn. crap andyou also pick up 1-2 hp.

outlawjeff
05-09-2008, 05:38 AM
thanks for the info but mine smokes just at idle on flat ground when i stab the throtle so that is why the dealer and myself seems to think it needs rings just due to the fact of the way it is smoking and smelling. But i will have them look into the way you fixed yours.

I will update as soon as i get one from the dealer.