PDA

View Full Version : ATV Security

brandonpeake
05-08-2008, 06:20 PM
this is more than 1 basic topic
1- bike security when on trailers etc, unless im going to a very public riding space -more for my truck and gears sake i take my enclosed, I never would leave my quad overnight at motel etc

so does anyone have an alarm on there atv? I saw several in a mag while back/. Personally i am paranoid about my even in the enclosed trailer.

I found these locks for my enclosed that are titanium and you could not get a bolt cutter around to them bu then we got "bump keys " to deal with its a key not a blank but similiar and they put the key in bump it and it moves the tumbers so the door can be opened, I am going to put some kind of securirty system on my trailer, havent decided how yet, either wire into my tuck or more than likely put a dep cycl battery on the trailer
Anyone else have any ides or thought? it would be aprecited
thanks

450raider
05-08-2008, 07:32 PM
leaving your quad in a motel parking lot??? why i couldnt imagine, the only time weve ever left a quad in a parking lot is when we have to drive like 200mi. to get a deal on one even then if we stop at a mcdonalds its in the back of the truck, chained, and stuck in like 3rd gear with the foot lever pulled off

but we havent went any long distance to ride yet (but im pushing for it) and my plan was to simply find a storage place somewhere overnight to park em in - trailer and all (and even then in the same condition as in the truck :D) weve got a ton of money in those quads so you can never be too careful.

but anyway it seems to me a whole different alarm system on your trailer should do

bwamos
05-09-2008, 06:44 AM
You can get small GPS tracking units (tiny, waterproof, and hidable) for your ATV's. I think it's like $400 w/ no service fees. You only pay a fairly small service fee of it gets stolen. You call it in and they contact the local police w/ GPS Coordinates (and/or address) within 15ft.

I'll have to see if I can find the links.
I'm thinking of getting one for my ATV.