PDA

View Full Version : XC engine build got ?'s need help

brandonpeake
05-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Im running n 06 450ER with kicker backup,
On the motor side i run a UNI style filter, cur air box lid, boysen quick shot 2, hmf slip on, stock CDI

So anyways I am wanting more I had n 04 and feel the 04 stock is faster than the 06,
so I have some exp with the built R motors, on my 04 C&D Colby did a great job port and polish HC stage 2 JE 13-1 and I tried different pipes and i had a vortex ignition for awhile,

So back to the 06, I DO NOT WANT A BIG BORE, at least i think i dont,
I was looking at several different things
1 get colby to do another motor for me
2- I have always wanted a sparks motor, ( ? here i dont know much about his cam but i thought it was more of an mx cam)
3- I had thought about doing an HRC kit and seeing how that felt etc
4- I know i if i build hmf slip on has got to go,
What cam do you guys use reccomend, any info is appreciated, right now im leaning toward sparks but i dont wnt to pay for just a name
I had thought bout GT thunder but he's not much cheapr than sparks

advice plese, wht about chad502ex I hve heard some good tings but ot much i know he is on this site I plan on checking him out

anyways if you got info like the 02 cfr is the same as the hrc or etc please let me know but try and back up info with facts

Dave400ex
05-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Call Toby at Moto-Xperts and tell him you want the same motor Shaff has. 13.5:1 CP Piston, Web 943/921 and his full port/polish. Great all around power for the woods and pulls VERY hard. Then just get a full HMF.