PDA

View Full Version : pricing, exhaust, all around things

cfgsxr11
05-08-2008, 05:26 PM
getting ready to get a 08 yfz450 brand new for $6400. first of all is that good?

#2. Whats the best exhaust for the yfz? looking at a white brothers pipe.

#3. what do i need to start out? new to the ATV scene since my 2004 gsxr600 is paid for im need a wagon, so i dunno what i need to start out with!

thanks guys!

leveldrummer
05-08-2008, 08:31 PM
6400 seems like a damn good price to me,

every exhaust does a little different, chances are that if you recognize the name, its going to perform good for ya, and usually not fall apart.

not sure what you mean by "what do you need to start out"

i would suggest a helmet, some good boots, and gloves, goggles too if you plan on riding with other people.

when you get the pipe, ask them what they reccomend for jets at your elevation, yfz's need jetting.

cfgsxr11
05-09-2008, 05:17 PM
start out like for the machine, i know gear is a must since i street ride

yamaha_yfz69
05-09-2008, 06:50 PM
for the pipe get either hmf or sparks. i got hmf full system on mine and i couldnt believe how loud it was. i also gave me tons of power:eek2: when u get the quad id just worry bout breaking it in tho then start worrying about parts!

leveldrummer
05-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by cfgsxr11
start out like for the machine, i know gear is a must since i street ride

depends on what you are trying to accomplish with the bike, if you just wanna trail ride on weekends, serious MX or XC, dunes?

adding parts will revolve around those decisions.

cfgsxr11
05-11-2008, 09:40 AM
its going to be pretty much a weekend trail type deal as far as i know :D , theres a cpl mountains around here that has tons of trails (32 miles to be exact)

as far as parts i'm talkin about after market must haves really, like exhaust, nerfs, do i need some risers for the bars, holeshots, relaxer springs, stuff like that

thanks for all the help so far guys!

leveldrummer
05-11-2008, 07:50 PM
if your riding trails, i would say some must haves would be a decent swingarm skid that protects the rotor and the sprocket, and a good belly skid that will protect your engine case. some nerf bars are very very helpful, and will save a lot of pain if you use them, but some people dont like having to get off the bike to push it back if they have too, they would rather be able to put their feet down, so thats up to you.

as far as handle bars, thats up to you if your comfortable or not, you can get risers, a new stem, or new bars with a taller bend, they all do the same thing, but once you extend them so high, you need to extend all your cables too, so be careful.

if your bike is completely stock, a pipe, maybe an intake, and a good jetting will get alot of power out of it.

and a good set of trail tires will help you get the power on the dirt.

cfgsxr11
05-13-2008, 06:32 PM
thanks man!