PDA

View Full Version : What skid plates to get for swing arm and fram

CarFanatic
05-08-2008, 03:26 PM
wondering what skid plates I Should run on my kfx.

450raider
05-08-2008, 03:42 PM
well the way i see it is that, the swingarm is the most important part to protect so i dont skimp on it - for it i went with top of the top prm skids, and i was gonna just get a tusk body skid, and no arm ones - but i myself am awful curious about carbon fiber alternatives.

CarFanatic
05-08-2008, 03:50 PM
where can I get prm at online?

Bajakawi
05-08-2008, 07:34 PM
http://www.prm-atv.com/

The best skids made..period

CarFanatic
05-09-2008, 07:18 AM
how are the pro armor?

Are you prm guys running the Z plate?? doesn't that part over the shock snag on stuff?

Bajakawi
05-09-2008, 01:27 PM
I have run about every kind of plate you can imagine..including some customized ones..PRM is the best bar none...think about it, don't you want to protect your linkage too...that part that covers the linkage is at enough angle that it never catches on anything..believe me, if it was going to catch on something it would definately catch in the terrain I ride in..all rocks and ledges...I use the .250 swingarm skid and the .190 belly skid..along with the .125 a-arm guards..I need the swingarm skid to be as strong as possible...I went with the heavier belly skid just because I figured the frame was aluminum and I wanted to give it some good protection..I land on the frame alot when falling off cliffs and ledges coming down hills, that belly skid gets a real workout sometimes...! go with PRM..the fit is very neat too

CarFanatic
05-09-2008, 01:46 PM
sweet thanks! Just orderd the prm frame and swing arm plates!