PDA

View Full Version : New balljoint dust boots??

MAKO19
05-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Is there anyway to get a set of these factory dust boots? I had to take off the A-arms to weld a few cracks and I accidentally cut the boots with balljoint remover tool. Any ideas?

Thanks!

MAKO19
05-08-2008, 02:28 PM
I read on another forum that Ford Fiesta balljoint seals will work. has anyone tried this?

Rip_Tear
05-08-2008, 03:03 PM
No idea if those fiesta covers will work but one thing I did was take a bike inner tube and cut into pieces like 3 inches long and recovered mine, packed some grease in them.

I'd suggest deciding what you want to do with your quad and look into a-arms with replaceable ball joints etc. Sounds like you have been hard on your a-arms and it probably wouldn't hurt for you to upgrade.

MAKO19
05-08-2008, 03:23 PM
It was probably the dude that had the quad before me that beat them up. I just tig welded the crack and I am repainting the arms. The ball joints feel fine. New a-arms for these bikes are ridiculous. I really think it is cheaper to mess around with street cars.

How exactly did you repair your dust covers? Did you put bike inner tube on the inside of them? Did you use any glue or silicone to hold it in place?

Can anyone verify if the aftermarket ball joints are larger than the stockers? I was looking at Lonestar racing and they have replacement dust covers but the dude there said there balljoints are larger.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:KDfLfw66ldAJ:www.lsracing.com/replacement-hardware-parts.htm+400ex+balljoint+dust&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Rip_Tear
05-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Ya sorry, I just slid them over the ball joints and zip tied the ends, doesn't look to great but it worked for what I needed.

exracer416
05-09-2008, 09:20 PM
wrap the ball joint in black electrical tape nobody will know its ripped unless yheyr lookin.

05-09-2008, 09:55 PM
^^^Mans got a point. If I were you I would run them till they blow and get some aftermarket they are nice! Haha

coryatver
05-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by MAKO19
New a-arms for these bikes are ridiculous. I really think it is cheaper to mess around with street cars.

You can get all 4 brand new stock a-arms with the bearings and ends for around 150 bucks I would say thats pretty dang cheap