PDA

View Full Version : pics of jrd bikes

scottsworld
05-07-2008, 08:40 PM
i was just wandering how many people have jrd bikes and there thought of them and post your pics

05-08-2008, 06:46 AM
well... JRD products suck. There is no R&D in there products. Mostly all those who rode for them dropped them. and those who had his a-arms got new ones. But on a good note. some new guy just bought it out so ******* joe is gone. So maybe its a turn in the right direction

dehner47
05-08-2008, 11:01 AM
i have ridden plent of aftermarket framed 250r's and hybrids like most of yall out there,and i'll have to admit,jrd parts or junk.they are just carbon copy's of other aftermarket products.i have even owned a jrd hybrid and i can tell you it handled like ****.pushed threw all the turns,if it did hook in a turn it would want to highside everytime.it was way to heavy in my opinion.and on top of all that there customer service sucks and the owner joe,must of been bi polar.one minute me and my girlfriend were like gold in his eyes,the next time we were there he wouldn't even egnolige i was even in the store.crazyness.let me give you an example..

i has a pair of walsh a-arms that i was getting coated.i asked joe to see if he could break the nut that holds the knuckle ends on.he told me no cause they arent his arms,hes not doing it.i asked him if he can order new ones for me,he told me no cause there not for his arms.well he said he could order them but since there not for his,he wont.now remember,i have spent plenty of cash in there on a full hybrid frame and parts,and other odds and ends over the years since they are 10 min from me.poor customer service if i've ever seen some..sorry for the rant.jrd just a touchy subject with me.strickes a chord everytime..

scottsworld
05-08-2008, 11:10 AM
well as far as i know joe still owns the place cuz i talked to him today on the phone and being that his house is right behind the shop i know he is still running it and his son is still building parts but i will admit that the customer service could be better and they can be a little cocky but he is helping me out this year with what ever i need so we will see what happens

mx1791
05-08-2008, 01:34 PM
i called them a few weeks ago, who ever i talked to seemed nice, willing to help me out. but he couldnt give me a price for a arms. i asked for a price on LT +3s and he gave me an estimate.. i dont kno how a company doesnt kno the price on there own a arms

toomeyshee87
05-08-2008, 01:35 PM
i bought some used jrd a arms and i think they are good quality but the only reason i bought them is because i got a good deal with shocks. now i have been having problems and the guys are hard to get ahold of. i guess if i had the money to buy some different ones i would.

dehner47
05-08-2008, 01:47 PM
its the same story all ove rthe country when it comes to these jrd guys.i totally agree with you mx1791.how do they not know how much there products cost.and what the hell is an estimate gonna do for ya.didn't know things had to be custome built for each specific bike they are building arms for.its not like every bike that comes in there has a different measurment,different materials and different amounts of labor.there a joke.if you called walsh,laeger,lonestar,ect they would give you a real price on what there products cost.no wonder there selling the buisness off.now lets hope the new owner has some kind of buisness sense. :mad:

jrspawn
05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Id say i agree with almost everyone elses opinions and run ins with them. Ive been there several times, and EVERY time i got treated like i was nothing really. Even had them tell me a yzf jrd DOESNT and NEVER existed. When i had one of them in the back of my truck in the parking lot, lol. And there were several others that i know of. I also bought extra motor mounts for the yzf from them that day. I thought that was pretty funny to have motor mounts in stock that supposedely they never made?????? I called just the other week(i was in a jam for a part i needed quick, i live pretty close to them) and again got treated like an jerk. After i politely told him its cool ill just try to find the part elsewhere and get it on the way i was cut off, and ignorantly told "why, you aint gonna find it no where else in time anyways, you wasted our time". I just said thanks alot and hung up. I woulnt go into their products, ill leave that one alone. But ill try to find the pics from their shop way back with the Roll arms for the jigs, lol. Anyone else seen those pics?

05-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by scottsworld
well as far as i know joe still owns the place cuz i talked to him today on the phone and being that his house is right behind the shop i know he is still running it and his son is still building parts but i will admit that the customer service could be better and they can be a little cocky but he is helping me out this year with what ever i need so we will see what happens

at atco some guy came up to me and gave me a jrd card his name was steve? he said he bought it off joe about a month or 2 ago.

my88r
05-08-2008, 06:51 PM
i guess i will stay away from jrd:rolleyes:

mx1791
05-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by walshyfz86
at atco some guy came up to me and gave me a jrd card his name was steve? he said he bought it off joe about a month or 2 ago.

yea i got a card that day too, and now jrd has a website again. i guess they are actually attempting to run a good buisness now

naw0029
05-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Wow you guys sure have your opinions but everyone is entitled to them so i wont say anything. To be honest i am VERY happy with JRD, Joe and there family have treated me great and still do, in fact im headed there in the a.m. to get some things, they are letting me in before they open just to help me out. But i would like to get you guys stright on the new owner thing. First off there is no new owner, JOE IS STILL THE OWNER!!!!! He has just hired some help in Scott, the new guy that some of u have see or talked to, as for this "steve" guy at atco, no clue who that is but yea sure beleve him wahtever. And the reasion for the new site and the new myspace is becaus of Scott.

TWISTED
05-09-2008, 04:48 AM
They were at Budds for a local event some years ago, and Joe told me about copying Roll Design's stuff then.... They were different everytime you talked to them. My advice would be to stay away too..... There are too many reputable companies out there to chance it.....

deathman53
05-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I know a know a guy who has a jrd crf450r hybrid. He wasn't very happy with it, yes, some of the stuff on it was nice, but he liked a lsr crf450r hybrid much better. I saw the guy who now owns that bike, he doesn't like how it handles either. I met all of the jrd guys, very nice bikes and people. I think Donny raced their bike with a yz450f motor at some time, another had a crf450r, alwasys were nice to me. Another person I know, met them, and uses them for all his work. They are real nice to him. He brought his yfz450 for a valve adjustment, they told him to go out and get some lunch and it will be done when you get back, they were just finished and the price was very nice also. He too, doesn't have any jrd products on his bike. I have a set of roll design 250r a-arms, compared them to jrd 250r a-arms, and they are almost exact copies, I seen leager narrow front 250r flip-top bikes and lobo 2 chassis's and it looks like they copied from both of them. They have been nice to me, their products look like carbon copies of most other companies products.