PDA

View Full Version : 500 rubicon won't turn over (just clicks)

muskieman55
05-07-2008, 07:29 AM
I have a 2003 Honda Rubicon Foreman that has a no start issue. l was using it and turned it off, when I tried to start it again all it would do is click at the solenoid under the seat. Called the local Honda dealer(not much help)he suggested battery. Checked battery had 12 volts. Tried to start it with meter on and didn't show a huge draw. There is a connector that has 2 wires that go to this solenoid (large red). Has anyone had any experience with this condition? I don't want to just change out parts for the heck of it. Thanks to anyone that can help!!

CountryBoy62385
05-07-2008, 09:48 PM
It kind of sounds like a starter problem to me. But its kinda hard just to say since I'm not there hearing the problem. But I know on a car if your batterie is good and ya here clicking its more than likely the starter so I would start checking ur starter..(tap on it with a hammer dont smack it really hard tho)

Hornbreaker
05-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Check the amps in the battery. If the amps are low it won't turn your starter motor. Good Luck.

Hansen_23
05-08-2008, 04:02 PM
check the connections

joebiker
05-09-2008, 05:51 AM
My best guess is the starter solenoid connection, or the solenoid...the relay is working as that is what is making the clicking sound you are hearing...check the output on the starter relay to be sure that the power is actually being relayed through to the starter motor..if it is, then you are investigating an inoperative starter.