PDA

View Full Version : More prayers cant hurt

Pappy
05-07-2008, 06:13 AM
My little neighbor, Josh, was attacked last night by a dog and is in a coma with a crushed skull:( I dont have alot of details, just that he isnt in to good of shape. Please include him in your prayers

tim colston
05-07-2008, 06:24 AM
WOW terrible news pappy. Prayers sent.

bwamos
05-07-2008, 06:27 AM
Ack,, that's horrible. I'll have him added to out small group's prayer list. More can't hurt.

pitmantim
05-07-2008, 06:34 AM
that suck im sorry to hear that!!! prayers sent

coryatver
05-07-2008, 07:01 AM
I will keep him in my prayers

mcwilly
05-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Damn. How old is he? :(

dehner47
05-07-2008, 07:59 AM
damn pappy.the bad luck just seems to follow you.first cody now this poor kid.my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.he'll make it threw i know it..

now,lets all be adults here and not turn this thread into a "hate on pitbulls or other bull bread dogs" this isn't the time or place to go and do that.lets just all keep our thoughts and prayers for him and his family on here.please..

Pappy
05-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Bad luck doesnt follow me:p Life happens.

I believe he is 4, and we all have been waiting for something bad to happen to one of their kids. We figured it would be a run in with a copperhead or rattlesnake or get hit by a car.

The dog was a golden retriever and from what I understand has bitten him before. The dog runs with all the kids and has never appeared vicious so I suspect the little kid has a tendency to pull, pinch or hit it as he is the only kid out of about 6 or 7 that has had an issue.

I will know more maybe after the bus stop run, no matter who's kid he is I feel terrible because I can not stand to see kids hurt in any form!

dehner47
05-07-2008, 01:00 PM
cant agree with you anymore pappy.it tears my heart out everytime i hear a hurt like that.whether it was htere fault or not.and also sucks for the dog.weither he was deffending himself or not,people gonna blame the dog and theres nothing you can so or say about it.the dog and the owner are lucky they dont live it jersey.cause if they did,that dog would be put down and the owner going to jail.no matter who's fault it was or what kind of dog it is.god i hate jersey.. :mad:

Mxjunkie
05-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Prayers are there for the little kid hopefully he pulls through and a lesson is learned on his behalf and his parents. As for the dog I wouldn't put it down, there's always reasons dogs attack but in most inncodents it's the dog acting in self defense.. About two years past in my area a young girl jumped onto a sleeping Doberman, the Dog paniced and bit her bottom lip off so the guy took it in his front yard and filled the dog full of bullets in broad daylight.. If you ask me the girl should of gotten her rump warmed up for jumping onto a dogs stomach/side while it's sleeping but hey I may have differnt views on situations then others.. :tired:

I know if my nephews and nieces pester my dog I figure it's their own damn fault if she get's angry with em.. they yank on her ears and grab her tail... someday.. :ermm:

dehner47
05-07-2008, 02:58 PM
thats horrible to hear someone would go and kill there dog for something like that.if i was sleeping,and someone jumped on me for no reason,i'd probably swing on that person too not knowing what the heck was going on.cant blame the dog for that.blame the parents who never told there child to let a sleeping dog sleep.sucks the child had her lip bit off but the dogs doesn't understand the power and damage it can do.

and if ya want to get technical,the owner who shot that dog is even more wrong then the dog was.atleast the dog doesn't know from right and wrong.and he calls himself a man..

as you all can tell,i'm a huge dog lover. :D

Mxjunkie
05-07-2008, 03:02 PM
They were outside and he drug the dog and just started unloading on it..Once they had found out what happened as the police and ambulance arrived, my dads girl friend went over to him and told him sorry for what happened to his kid but what he did to that dog was absolutely uncalled for. He simply told her " It went wild and bit my daughter, it deserved to die " Now put in my own words it would be my daughter went wild and the dog was hurt... :o

If you could Pap, could you keep us informed on this kid's progress as time goes on? Maybe us as the site/members could do something for his family and himself as well. :)

NPelletier
05-07-2008, 03:23 PM
that sux for the kid pappy. i too find it wrong what people will do to a dog which was obviously just doing what its natural instincts would be and protecting itself. yeah, dogs snip, they sometimes bite, but in a sotry like Josh told, what thta man did to his dodg was wrong! thats just terrible, it makes me tihnk of the self-defense law we have here in the us, its onyl self defense if you were prevoked, and that dog was prevoked. And with Pappy's case, i want to know if the kid was messing with or annoying the dog, or if it just snapped.:ermm:

gl to the kid.:(

my88r
05-07-2008, 03:55 PM
:(

BlaineKaiser450
05-07-2008, 03:56 PM
hes in our prayers :(

Pappy
05-07-2008, 04:07 PM
All I could get info on this evening was that he was trying to put sunglasses on the dog. I am pretty sure he pushed the dog to far.

He under went 2 surgeries last night and one today but no word on the actual extent of his injuries.

Now, for those that know me, this is my neighbor that doesnt like me much, and I wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire. That doesnt take away from how I feel for the kid but it does lead me to believe that the kid was un-supervised as usual. And to make this worse, he is a foster kid with some mental difficulties. They are paid by the state to care for the child.

The warden told the dog owner they had 2 choices, fence the yard immediatley or have the dog put down. The dog is now dead.

lawdog800
05-07-2008, 07:48 PM
As a Police Officer for over 19 yrs, I have seen too many things that most people would not even imagine. The sad thing is you become hardened to them, but little kids hurt no matter how hardened you become. The sad thing is, is too many people leave their children unsupervised, or do not teach the child right from wrong. A 4 yr old with mental challenges can not really be blamed for such an incident in my opinion. It is the PARENTS RESPONSIBILITY for this child. My thoughts and prayers are with this child.

CBRSLIDER
05-08-2008, 06:59 AM
My prayers go out to the little one. May God Bless him in his tough times ahead.

We just have a similar instance where an 8yr old boy that plays soccer with my son, was playing with his uncle's rottweilar(?). The dog clamped down right on his face, grandmother ran over to help and the dog let go of the boy's face. Then tore her arms to shreds. Muscles were torn from the elbow to the wrist.

Lawdog - as a fellow police officer with 11yrs experience, I agree with your statement 100%. As we become hardened to the challenges we face, kids still find a way to get to ya. Also as a dad, my kids, even with their problems, can grab ahold of my heart even when they do something wrong.

God Bless our little ones, they are our future. May we do our best to raise them to be the best they can be.

Ray

NacsMXer
05-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Very sorry to hear, that's very unfortunate :( He will be in my prayers

chris46250r
05-08-2008, 09:51 AM
God bless the little fella. Sounds like he's got a tough road ahead of him with his already existing problems and now this one.

Pappy
05-08-2008, 05:46 PM
It will be 6 months before they know wether he will keep his eye, but he is stable and recovering!

Honda TRX250ex
05-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
WOW terrible news pappy. Prayers sent.