PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara Memorial Day Weekend???

two85atc250r's
05-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Is anybody going to be at Waynoka first weekend in June? My buddy backed out and I hate to go by myself but I know how friendly everyone is down there. I'm ready to go at it alone I was just wondering if any of you guys were planning to go. Don't want to miss out on the trip but then I don't want to ride by myself all weekend either. Now I just have to make sure my fresh rebuild is ready to go....

troybilt
05-07-2008, 07:15 AM
We are possibly looking to go that weekend too. I'll keep in touch, if I get my group rounded up... I may go down anyway, my buddy I ride with locked his motor up on his 85 250ATC, last march when we were there and hasn't fixed it yet. There was a lot of problems, cracked cases, crank bad, etc... $$$.

I just installed +2+1 aarms, Elka's, lonestar axle, and I'm anxious to try them out.

I have a fiance now, that I have to run everything thru, but the good thing is she likes to ride too. I bought her a RZR to ride, and she loves it, so the $10k for the rzr was worth it.

Oh, and I think that is the weekend after Memorial day. Memorial Day/Labor Day weekends are ridiculous down there.

mcwilly
05-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Man, that sounds tempting as hell. I might be able to leave out of Dallas on Friday. What are you doing about lodging/camping? (I've never been out there before)

Looks like it's time to find some paddle tires.... :D

two85atc250r's
05-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeah I was thinking of going Memorial day but decided against the craziness. I have a brand new rebulid on my 85 ATC engine with all new bearings, oversized wiseco, new carb, reeds, exhaust, you name it. I am really anxious to try it out myself.

I always just get a tent site for camping, it's only like $8 a day or something. If you are as close as Dallas you have to make it up there. You are really missing an unbelievable riding experience that is fairly close. I know people who drive like 12 hours to get to Little Sahara.

Keep in touch troy, If I am going by myself I'd like to know I would have somebody to ride with. And nobody likes to drink beer alone, thats just depressing.

mcwilly
05-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by two85atc250r's
Yeah I was thinking of going Memorial day but decided against the craziness. I have a brand new rebulid on my 85 ATC engine with all new bearings, oversized wiseco, new carb, reeds, exhaust, you name it. I am really anxious to try it out myself.

I always just get a tent site for camping, it's only like $8 a day or something. If you are as close as Dallas you have to make it up there. You are really missing an unbelievable riding experience that is fairly close. I know people who drive like 12 hours to get to Little Sahara.

Keep in touch troy, If I am going by myself I'd like to know I would have somebody to ride with. And nobody likes to drink beer alone, thats just depressing.

You never mentioned beer in the orignal post....count me in! :D
Seriously, I'm working out plans now to make it out there. I'll have to get some paddle tires (will I be ok w/ paddles on the rear and stocks up front?) and a new tent.
So we're talking the weekend of the 7th and 8th, right? I'll put in for a day off on Friday and see about leaving Dallas on Thursday.
Stay tuned.

two85atc250r's
05-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah Willy, you will be just fine with paddles is the back. You could even run your knobby's in the back if you were short on cash. The first two trips I ever took to the sand I just ran Razors and they worked fine. You just don't get the good hookup that you get with paddles. I still see plenty of people who don't even use them though. I always take both sets just in case I want to ride some rough ground and don't want to mess up my paddles.

If you are looking for a relatively cheap paddle tire that is still a good tire you might check out Sand Gecko's. Made by Kenda I think. I have ran them before and I liked them on my trike.

Yeah, the 5-8 is when I was going to go. I was planning on trying to be there Thursday night as well. I will probably leave Sunday afternoon. Thats 3 days of riding. Thats alot of expensive mixed gas, I already spent a grand on my rebuild and I running out of money. lol.

You want to make sure you have lights, you don't want to miss out on the night riding. I think L.S. requires front and back lights to ride at night. You also want a whip but you can get them down there pretty cheap, as long as you have a place to mount it. Bring your own wood, you always want a fire with the beer. You'll want a grill too.

Hope you make it man, are you gonna come by yourself?

mcwilly
05-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Well, it's not looking good. Too many people already have that Friday off for me to take off as well. Now I'll have to decide if I want to trek it up there Friday after work instead of Thursday.
(which will only give me one full day of riding)

And I found those tires you mentioned...not too bad. If I go, I'll have to get a set of those.

ib2strokin
05-07-2008, 04:26 PM
im tryin to get some buddys here to go( more ways to split gas since its a 9-10 hr drive for me!) if i get to come ill be gettin there thursday some time and be leavin sunday morning. does anybody have any idea how much their race fuel is there?

two85atc250r's
05-07-2008, 04:51 PM
I know they have got 110 but I don't have any idea how much it is.

troybilt
05-07-2008, 05:55 PM
It was around 8 bucks a gallon last time I was there. They have a website might be on there.

cobradaler
05-07-2008, 07:56 PM
hey thanks alot troybilt my fiance has been wanting an rzr for some time now, and then she sees what u posted, well i guess ill have to get her one now.lol, oh and by the way might have a group going down that weekend also.

danhung11
05-08-2008, 05:18 AM
I know they have got 110 but I don't have any idea how much it is.

I have heard their 110 is no good. It's comes out of the pump, and I have heard there is moisture|sand in the tanks, their old and they didn't replace the tanks or pumps when new owners came down.

I would recommend buying from a place that pumps straight out of a 55gallon drum. ;)

troybilt
05-08-2008, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by cobradaler
hey thanks alot troybilt my fiance has been wanting an rzr for some time now, and then she sees what u posted, well i guess ill have to get her one now.lol, oh and by the way might have a group going down that weekend also.

Yeah, she loves it. I originally bought her a 330 trailboss, she is fairly new at riding, she liked it but didn't feel as comfortable as she does on the rzr. Hell, she'll go up the bigger dunes by herself, and before I'd have to wait for her to drive around them. So its a win/win for me. I like to drive it too for a change also. I plan on building a long travel set up on it. I just found out last night that I/we shelled a bearing on the front end. I hope its nothing too common. I only got 11 hours of on it so far.

I see you're from Kinsley. My best friend and guy I ride with, his mom's side of the family is from Kinsley. Been down there several times. :macho Been to Syracuse yet? I wonder how that place is.

mcwilly
05-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by mcwilly
Well, it's not looking good. Too many people already have that Friday off for me to take off as well. Now I'll have to decide if I want to trek it up there Friday after work instead of Thursday.
(which will only give me one full day of riding)

And I found those tires you mentioned...not too bad. If I go, I'll have to get a set of those.

Screw it. I'm in. I'll just trailer the bike to work on Friday and leave out directly from work. And I'll just borrow my bro-in-laws tent and camping supplies. Hopefully I can get there early enough Friday evening to do some night riding. Now it's time to order some paddle tires. :D From what I hear, it's about a 4hr drive from Dallas...is that correct?

two85atc250r's
05-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Yeah, that is about right. My brother lives in Fort Worth and it takes him about 4 hrs when he meets me there. If you don't get there early enough to get a site then I would be willing to split one with you since I'm gonna be by myself, That makes it only 4 bucks a day. Glad you decided to come, I'll have a cold beer for ya when you roll in Friday night. By the way, what do you ride anyway?

mcwilly
05-08-2008, 09:18 AM
That'll work. And there's still a possibility that I'll be able to get that Friday off. I asked a co-worker if she'd be willing to give the day up and she said she might....she'll know for sure next Thursday.
I've got an '07 400EX.
I know in this thread w/ pics (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=343646) I said I was done w/ upgrades...but I've done a few things since then. :D

two85atc250r's
05-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Damn, that thing is clean man. I like it. Almost makes me not want to show mine but here it is anyway. You gotta remember though, mine is 23 years old. lol. I'll definately recognize you riding that thing, it's gonna be kinda hard to miss. Keep us posted on when you might make it, are you coming by yourself?

cobradaler
05-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
Yeah, she loves it. I originally bought her a 330 trailboss, she is fairly new at riding, she liked it but didn't feel as comfortable as she does on the rzr. Hell, she'll go up the bigger dunes by herself, and before I'd have to wait for her to drive around them. So its a win/win for me. I like to drive it too for a change also. I plan on building a long travel set up on it. I just found out last night that I/we shelled a bearing on the front end. I hope its nothing too common. I only got 11 hours of on it so far.

I see you're from Kinsley. My best friend and guy I ride with, his mom's side of the family is from Kinsley. Been down there several times. :macho Been to Syracuse yet? I wonder how that place is.

yes ive been to syracuse dunes 2 weeks ago actually, its not bad not as big as ls but preety fun itll get better. whats the family name i probably know them. been here for 20 some years.

troybilt
05-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by cobradaler
yes ive been to syracuse dunes 2 weeks ago actually, its not bad not as big as ls but preety fun itll get better. whats the family name i probably know them. been here for 20 some years.

Menard, not sure how to spell it. I haven't been to syracuse since they opened, been there about 10 years ago, tooks some trucks out on the dunes, but not quads.

Kinsley, whats it about 1.5 hours from Waynoka? Must be nice.

mcwilly
05-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Damn, that thing is clean man. I like it. Almost makes me not want to show mine but here it is anyway. You gotta remember though, mine is 23 years old. lol. I'll definately recognize you riding that thing, it's gonna be kinda hard to miss. Keep us posted on when you might make it, are you coming by yourself?

Very nice! I love those.
As of now, it looks like it'll just be me. Two others (they have UTV's) are undecided....but I highly doubt they'll go.

two85atc250r's
05-08-2008, 12:20 PM
If you get some paddles we'll have to run 'em. I haven't ran against one of the new 400's. I wonder if I could keep up......lol

What kinda vehicle you gonna be in? I'm not even bringing a trailer since it is just me. It'll save on gas just to throw it in the back of the truck. My truck's a white 95 chevy shortwide. Look for the trike that goes with it and you'll find me.

mcwilly
05-08-2008, 12:54 PM
If you get some paddles we'll have to run 'em.

Fine, you talked me into it.
I've been searching all day for the best paddle tire/wheel combo.

troybilt
05-08-2008, 02:24 PM
I'd look at the new Dune Stars, that's what I want next, on 9" hipers. I just bought a set of ITP Sand Stars on 10" rims, 2 trips to waynoka ago, work awesome. I also have a set of the Geckos, IMO, they don't hook up nearly as well as the Sand Stars, but you can really slide them around. My Geckos are old though too. Maybe a set of new ones would be good. The haulers really hook up, but are more for straightline dragging.

two85atc250r's
05-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Thats why I like the Geckos on my trike so much because they really slide. To me you want to be able to slide the back around on a three wheeler. I don't like anything that is gonna stick in a turn when I want it to slide around. I haven't ridden them on a quad, it may not be the same. I've heard quad guys say they didn't like them for that same reason. I just know they are one of the cheapest ones, and still pretty decent.

danhung11
05-08-2008, 08:45 PM
two85atc250r's - where you from?

We usually try to go down there at least twice a year, sometimes rattlesnake weekend and then in late september or early october.

Is Memorial Weekend big down there?

two85atc250r's
05-09-2008, 12:11 AM
I have never been Memorial Weekend but I heard it is crazy packed. That is why I just decided to go the next weekend instead. I live in Amarillo, Tx. which is only like 3 hrs from L.S. I am having problems with my new crank seals so I hope I can still be ready! I destroyed my new one that I just bought trying to get it in. I guess they have metal inside them because I bent it all to hell, don't know what I did wrong. Hope I can find just the left crank seal by itself.

ib2strokin
05-09-2008, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
It was around 8 bucks a gallon last time I was there. They have a website might be on there.

thanks! i couldnt find out anything on their website anout gas prices or paddle rentals....any ideas on them??

ill just make sure to bring my own fuel, i can get turbo blue 115 for 6.50 gal here...

this is what ill be ridin...tryin to get more poeple to go too!

troybilt
05-09-2008, 07:01 AM
paddle rentals are like 50 bucks a weekend. I'm about 80% sure I can go, I have a couple of sets of paddles. I will bring them incase someone needs a set to use. 50 bucks, is kind of high IMO. They also sell the crap out of paddles down there, if you're an impulse buyer like me :D

jamesblown97
05-09-2008, 05:43 PM
i may be able to make it if you guys have room for one or two or 3 more people. i just bought some new paddles and im waiting for them to get to the house im in lawton and its about 150miles or so from me providing i can get off work that weekend. so let me know
james

cobradaler
05-09-2008, 05:52 PM
hey james i spent some time in lawton when i when to ait at fort sill, ive got family in altus- small world.

jamesblown97
05-09-2008, 07:10 PM
yea it sure is. military brought me here been out for a while though. im gettin ready to move back to so. california where the big dunes are at. glamis, dumont etc... in july so i want to make one last run to little sahara i hope i can make it out there when everybody else is out there so i have some people to ride and drink some beer with so im gonna do everything i can to go one last time. my new R has not seen anything but my yard yet and im itchin to let her loose
james

jamesblown97
05-09-2008, 08:42 PM
ill be on this its the only pic i have right now but ill get some

ib2strokin
05-10-2008, 01:59 PM
well it looks like im not gonna be able to make this trip, my lil brother is coming home from Iraq may 20 and will only get a couple weeks leave startin june 6, so im gonna pass on this trip and try to go the weekend after fathers day, june 19-22...anyone gonna be goin then?

mcwilly
05-12-2008, 01:00 PM
I'll be there......well, I better be. I just bought a set of rear paddles and wheels. :D
I'll know (hopefully) this Thursday if I'll be able to get the Friday before off from work. If not, I'll bring the bike to work and leave straight from work on Friday.

two85atc250r's
05-12-2008, 04:50 PM
what kinda paddles did you end up getting?

atvmxr
05-12-2008, 08:05 PM
not to high jack, but for those than cant make it, too far away, or wanting a shake down run beforehand. Some buddies from various forums are going to Lousiana dunes this weekend. no where as big as LS but fun for a close (to Houston, LA, south AR) dune spot for a weekend. FYI

:)

http://www.thedunesinc.com/thedunesinchome.html

two85atc250r's
05-12-2008, 08:55 PM
That place looks pretty nice, I've never even heard of it. That's cool that they have lakes and dunes right there together. Hope you guys have fun, I'll see the rest of yall at L.S.

mcwilly
05-13-2008, 07:30 AM
what kinda paddles did you end up getting?

I went w/ the Sand Gecko's you mentioned. But, I hit a snag. I ordered them w/ black wheels. I got a call last night (around 7pm) telling me that they no longer sell the wheels I chose. I told them I'm not too concernced w/ looks or style, as long as they're black :D ....he's trying to find a set for me and is supposed to call me this afternoon.

two85atc250r's
05-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Were they cheaper than anything else you saw? I know they are not the absolute best paddles out there but they don't cost $100 a piece either. Hope you can find some black rims. I know how you feel, try finding anodized gold rims. Took me forever to finally get my hands on an extra set.

mcwilly
05-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Were they cheaper than anything else you saw? I know they are not the absolute best paddles out there but they don't cost $100 a piece either. Hope you can find some black rims. I know how you feel, try finding anodized gold rims. Took me forever to finally get my hands on an extra set.

Yeah, pretty much. They were anywhere from $30-$100 cheaper than most everybody else.
I just got off the phone w/ the guys that I ordered from. They're gonna give me the ITP T-9 wheels in black at no extra charge. :D
The "sport" wheels that I originally ordered were discontinued because he said they had lots of problems out of them. So I'll be getting a better wheel in the end. Said I should have them next week.

danhung11
05-13-2008, 03:15 PM
I have a set of oem Honda wheels that have been powdercoated 80% gloss black. No dents, dings, etc. Fresh powdercoat.

jamesblown97
05-13-2008, 04:45 PM
well i got my paddles in as well but i also hit a snag. i ordered them for a 9in wheel and they sent me some for a 8in wheel and they will not exchange them so now i have to find some 8in wheels or sell these paddles to buy some 9in ones. theres a few of my buddies that are interested in going as well so hope to see you guys out there

two85atc250r's
05-13-2008, 09:22 PM
What kind of paddles are they? I think I may have a set of 8 inch rims. Hope to see you out there to get blown james, I definately got that covered. lol. See yall in 3 weeks, I'll be bringin it.

mcwilly
05-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Talked to the guy I ordered from yesterday evening. My tires/wheels will be shipped today. :macho So I'm good to go.
I think I'm gonna have to get a loan from the bank to afford gas for the drive up there. :eek2:

troybilt
05-14-2008, 08:58 AM
I know what you mean. I drive a diesel, and its $4.55/gal here.

jamesblown97
05-14-2008, 09:00 PM
What kind of paddles are they? I think I may have a set of 8 inch rims. Hope to see you out there to get blown james, I definately got that covered. lol. See yall in 3 weeks, I'll be bringin it.

they are 8 paddle scat trak haulers i ordered 20x11x9 and they sent me 20x10x8 if you havve a set of 8inchers ill buy them from you and probably just mount them while were out there to save on shipping and all that unless the price is really good and ill just buy them now oh i and hope that you are bringing a big lunch because i just found out what the new build can and will do lol

two85atc250r's
05-15-2008, 03:05 AM
Hey man I lied to ya, those rims I was thinking of are 9's. Sorry. I'll have plenty of food for a great big lunch. lol. I just finished putting my motor back together, gonna put her back in the frame tomorrow. I have no idea what she'll do yet but it ran pretty good before and now it's even bigger. I'm starting to get pretty pumped about the sand. I haven't ridden in over a year. Are you gonna try and be there Thursday? I wasn't talking about you gettin blown in a race, I was talking about gettin blown blown, you know. ;) I guess we misunderstood each other.

mcwilly
05-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Ok, found out this morning I will NOT be able to get the Friday off before. So I'll be leaving Friday after work. I may try to leave a little early to avoid traffic and get there sooner.

two85atc250r's
05-15-2008, 11:51 AM
If you can't get off Friday how are you gonna leave Thursday after work? You're confusing us man. Did you mean you will leave Friday after work? I'll pm you my cell number before we go that way you can call when you get in. Looks like there might be quite a few of us going, we just gotta find a way to all hook up. Somebody needs to make an ATVriders sign. lol.

mcwilly
05-15-2008, 12:53 PM
If you can't get off Friday how are you gonna leave Thursday after work? You're confusing us man. Did you mean you will leave Friday after work? I'll pm you my cell number before we go that way you can call when you get in. Looks like there might be quite a few of us going, we just gotta find a way to all hook up. Somebody needs to make an ATVriders sign. lol.

Yeah, Friday. Fixed it.
Cool. Are bottles allowed? Or cans only?

two85atc250r's
05-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Yeah I think they are allowed in the camp area but not in the dunes. The website says no glass containers in the dune area but I assume they are ok in the camping area. There's no alcoholic beverages allowed at all in the dune area. We'll go on a night ride as soon as you get there, riding at night is almost more fun than riding in the day if you have enough headlights bouncing around to really be able to see. Besides its nice and cool at night.

jamesblown97
05-15-2008, 03:48 PM
well i work evening shift but im gonna probably switch out with a day shift guy on thursday and come out after work should be there by about 6-7pm thursday night and just take a vacation day on friday and come home sunday evening sometime. i think it should be a good time. it will probably be me the ol lady and maybe a few others even if i dont have any wheels yet i just ride with dirt tires i guess, but im gonna try to get some wheels by then so just let me know how to get a hold of you and well go from there

james

two85atc250r's
05-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah man I can pm you my number before we go that way you can call when you get there. I should be there about the same time as you on Thursday. Hope you can find some wheels. Looking forward to it. Later
Matt

atvmxr
05-15-2008, 05:35 PM
anyone staying till Monday? I have monday off... seriously thinking about bringing the hybrid and TRX for a second weekend of dune riding.

I'll get some duct tape and put atvriders.com on the side of my enclosed trailer :D

two85atc250r's
05-15-2008, 06:52 PM
There you go, that'll make for a good meeting point. lol. I might stay till Monday, I'm just gonna play it by ear. If everybody I'm riding with starts cuttin out then I will probably go home too but if there is still some people to hang with I would stay. When would you be coming in?

jamesblown97
05-15-2008, 07:14 PM
lol you might be a redneck if haha but if youre serious ill keep my eyes peeled for it. the gas money to get there is gonna hurt but i dont think it will hurt as much as the beer bill haha

troybilt
05-16-2008, 06:51 AM
FYI, you can buy paddles at the "old" Oasis. I bought mine there, they are no more expensive then buying them at RM ATV or some other venue.

I still hope to be there on Friday. The ol'lady will be staying at home...lol. We're still working to get my buddy's cratered motor back together.

two85atc250r's
05-16-2008, 06:56 AM
Is this the buddy with the ATC? I was hoping to see some other ATC's there. Hope yall can get in done. Sounds like some of us will already be there by Friday so we'll be lookin for ya.

troybilt
05-16-2008, 07:03 AM
Is this the buddy with the ATC? I was hoping to see some other ATC's there. Hope yall can get in done. Sounds like some of us will already be there by Friday so we'll be lookin for ya.

Yes it is. He has a VERY posh ATC. Yellow frame, Black plastic, custom seat and IMS tank. I'll try and post a pic of it. Its hard to miss down there. The group I ride with is all old-school, 2-89's, 1-88, 1-87 trx250r's and 2-86 ATC's.

For the record, I like the nostalgic look ATC's the original plastic and colors. Your's is sweet.

two85atc250r's
05-16-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks alot man. My dad bought that bike for me brand new in 1986, she's always been mine. You don't get too many compliments when you ride an ATC. Most people just look at you like you're crazy. lol.
I'm the same way. I like gettin that 1980's feeling when I look at my bike. It takes me back to see original looking TRX's and ATC's. Don't get me wrong, I love totally custom bikes but for my bikes I try to stay as close to what Honda intended as I can. I even take my original fenders and shrouds off when I am gonna be riding hard because they haven't been messed up yet and I really want to keep them nice. I've got an extra set of Maier fenders and shrouds that I run in the sand.
What's your bike look like? You'll have to post some pics if you get a chance.

troybilt
05-16-2008, 07:44 AM
I have a 100% all original 89 foutrax. I've added a pipe and carb, etc.. only bolt on stuff. I just swapped out the orginal plastic for some maiers and I bought some remakes of the original graphics and stuck them to the maier plastic. I did that on Wednesday. I am looking to get some hiper wheels and stuff, but I have everything to return to original. I even left the toolbox on it. Also, I just installed +2+1 aarms and elkas and +4 LSR axle for a better ride. I'm looking forward to trying out the new suspension.

I've been an ATC guy for alot of years. I just sold my 350x on Monday to a buddy that has the other 89 trx that I ride with. I've owned a couple of ATC 250r's. Scary fast!!!

I'll try and post a pic with the new stuff this afternoon when i get home from work..

Oh, and I also have a 08 RZR that I'm working on too. Its mostly for the ol'lady, but I find myself riding it just as much as my quad.

mcwilly
05-16-2008, 08:12 AM
As we get closer, I'll pm my number to everybody as well.
I cant friggin wait! :macho

two85atc250r's
05-16-2008, 09:15 AM
I hope you bring that RZR troy, you'll have to give me a ride in it. I been wanting to see what all the fuss was about with the RZR. I haven't even seen one in person yet but I hear they are pretty sweet. Your qaud sounds killer, I love those old TRX's with all the original graphics and everything. You just don't see many anymore that don't look like a rainbow brite bike.

Whenever we get close to leaving we can all exchange numbers like willy said and I'll just make a list so we don't miss anybody once we get down there. I'm like you willy, I can't wait! I'm like a little kid 2 weeks before Christmas. lol. My old ATC has been parked for way too long, over a year. I'm gonna break the motor in this weekend, yall cross your fingers for me hoping that all goes well!

jamesblown97
05-16-2008, 03:15 PM
im gettin antsy bout the trip also. im going ridin this weekend to drag some 450 *** through the dirt and work all the bugs out of it so i can be 100% for the dunes paddles or not see yall soon

james

troybilt
05-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Just got my new plastic, handle bars, loovers, elkas, lsr axle, and +2+1 aarms on. I'm ready to go. Need to switch over to the paddles.

troybilt
05-16-2008, 05:45 PM
another pic:

troybilt
05-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Her's the ol'lady's RZR:

jamesblown97
05-16-2008, 06:08 PM
i know at dumont and im sure ls you have to have lights for night rides but at dumont they dont care how you have lights as long as you have some so on my CR250 i just ziptied and ducttaped flashlights on the front and one on the back with a red lense could i get away with that on the dirtbikes at LS or would they freak out. the only time ive been was for the sanddrags. i went i raced and i came home so dont know many of the rules. but i do know about the whips and stuff

ib2strokin
05-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Man i hate it that im gonna miss everyone down there!!:grr: :grr:
im tryin to get my group together to go last weekend in june......anyone close gonna be able to make another trip????

jamesblown97
05-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ib2strokin
Man i hate it that im gonna miss everyone down there!!:grr: :grr:
im tryin to get my group together to go last weekend in june......anyone close gonna be able to make another trip????

if im still here in oklahoma i may be able to make it but im supposed to be leaving for california by then but you never know ill let you know when the time comes

james

danhung11
05-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Is Memorial Day a bigger weekend than lets say Rattle Snake or Thanksgiving?

Just curious. We usually try to make it to Rattle Snake and then again late September or early October. We missed Rattlesnake this year. Hope to make it down in September.

Either or, be safe and make them R's live in the powerband. ;)

ib2strokin
05-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Alright james, ill post up a new thread when I get the exact dates we are goin, that way we can see who all will be able to make it!!

For all of yall(yea I'm from AR) that are goin june 5-8, hope everyone has a blast and post to let me know how it was!

jamesblown97
05-19-2008, 04:03 PM
well i went out this past weekend to do some tuning and saturday went very well had no problems whatsoever and ate up some 450s. we loaded everything up saturday evening went to the house left everything loaded and went back out sunday and the R would run for about 30 sec than foul the plug i put a new one in and it would run for about 30 sec so i rejetted it and the same thing so i have to do a little carb work before the trip but ill still be there to help all of you show that 20 something year old bikes can still run with the new ones