PDA

View Full Version : how long is the warrenty on the new quads?

CarFanatic
05-06-2008, 09:04 PM
dealers said only 30 days?? or is it 6 months?? 30 days is a joke! I might only ride it 4 times in a month!! 9 grand and only a 30 day warrenty!

ktMan
05-07-2008, 08:58 PM
yup thats correct, only 30 days. warranty starts as soon as they register the bike in your name, and my dealer was nice enough not to register the bike for a few weeks after because there was 3 feet of snow at the time and he knew i would not be getting to ride alot.

quad97
05-07-2008, 08:59 PM
they sell mx bikes without any warranty and ktm sells its atvs for competition use, so its better than no warranty.

CarFanatic
05-07-2008, 09:12 PM
I guess. I have read the bikes have 6 month warrenty. 30 days is short if u ask me for a 9k bike

05-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by CarFanatic
I guess. I have read the bikes have 6 month warrenty. 30 days is short if u ask me for a 9k bike

Probably because they know their engines are blowing up.

aboveall1
05-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by bajaracer21
Probably because they know their engines are blowing up.
I dont know about that.:confused:

But you can get an extended warranty from most dealers. I did 3 yrs for $600, and its fully transferable!

05-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by aboveall1
I dont know about that.:confused:

But you can get an extended warranty from most dealers. I did 3 yrs for $600, and its fully transferable!

Till you change the muffler or air filter on the quad. Then if it blows up or the tranny goes they will say it’s your fault because you changed the muffler.

aboveall1
05-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by bajaracer21
Till you change the muffler or air filter on the quad. Then if it blows up or the tranny goes they will say it’s your fault because you changed the muffler.
Not mine! One of my first and only questions! Plus I went thru the dealer for slip on and filter is stock, so far.

vAnS_77
05-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Baja, those engines are the MOST race proven and realible on the market atm. Except for the XR honda engines. Please kinda a bike that last as long as ktm's and have the best dealers. Idk about your dealer but the ones around here are so nice and will carry over service on a bike usually for a small fee. If its their fault they will fix it..

05-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by vAnS_77
Baja, those engines are the MOST race proven and realible on the market atm. Except for the XR honda engines. Please kinda a bike that last as long as ktm's and have the best dealers. Idk about your dealer but the ones around here are so nice and will carry over service on a bike usually for a small fee. If its their fault they will fix it..

I know the engines are good but I keep reading about the ktm quad engines breaking down and theirs not to many people with them even yet and im reading about all this bad engine stuff.