PDA

View Full Version : Where to start?

God_Bot
05-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Well this is my first posting here on this forum and I have a few questions.

I'm currently going to school in Laramie, Wyoming with like 9k altitude that plays hell with my car. I plan on bringing my '03 400ex up here next semester to help out with gas, now what will I need to do to keep the quad running decently up here at 9k feet?

I also plan on getting it licensed so that I can drive it legally, here in Wyoming we just need a brake light, headlights, and a mirror I do believe. What would be the best way to go about creating a functioning brake light?

As for the plastics, we got this quad used in '04 I do believe, the plastic had some deep scratches when we got it and I was finally bored with 'em so I did the whole plastic renew deal last spring, it held up all summer and is still looking fine after this crappy winter without cover. Thing is now I want to rock a silver and black combo, kinda like my car. I'm thinking about re-painting some silver and doing like a black carbon fiber gas tank and seat cover for now. How should I go about this? I want to see how this turns out before I find any plastic, but when I get plastic I'll have to find some that I can still run headlights with, any suggestions?

Lastly for now I was wondering about getting a bit more performance outta it. Currently bone stock, hell I think it might even still have the original air filter on it. Any suggestions for where to start with performance? I'd like a new pipe, but I don't wanna blow that much cash one something that just makes it louder, I'd much rather have a mellowed out deeper tone. What about this 450r carb and suspension I saw on this forum, how'd that work?