PDA

View Full Version : can am or honda

1965 honda
05-06-2008, 06:25 PM
im posting this in the open fourm because of the dieverse croud of people.
modders please dont move this.
i want to buy a 4x4 650 range
im looking mostly at honda and can am
honda for reliability and i know they will always be around.
can am because there fast, torcy,and one gear
what do you guys think?
please no arguments

blacknblue#2
05-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Ive never really been around a Can-am...no dealers within 100 miles would be the reason for that. But i really like the Honda rincon. their a 680 i believe. Fuel injection, automatic and a real comfortable ride. I feel like i could ride one for days and never have to get off. Im not much into the utility part of our sport but just giving my .02 cents.

1965 honda
05-06-2008, 09:07 PM
thanks, at least someone could spare 30 sec.

hardtrailz400
05-07-2008, 01:31 PM
I love the outlander 800, but its the only canam I have ridden so I am not sure about their smaller ones. I have spent a good amount of time on it and I would definitely own one if I could afford it.

I have also spent a great deal of time on hondas, mostly 400 4x4 and rubicon 500's. I grew up with honda. I like the simplicity and the reliability. They have adequate power for what they are, but some of the fun factor isn't there.

I know a couple guys with smaller canam's and they seem to really like them.

If I was going to get a 4x4, i would go canam. But you ought to try to ride both and see which fits you better.

Good Luck

450raider
05-07-2008, 08:50 PM
in the 4X4 world between those brands, if i had the moolah id get a renegade :D, but for the smaller ones id still go with canam and take a outlander yeah you may get reliability with honda but as said (ive ridden or owned every one at one time or another except a rincon) the fun factor just isnt there and resale value is a joke (or that could be true for any other brand im just sayin for sure on honda)

good luck!!

RideRed84
05-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Not a 4X4 guy but I always liked the rincon. But I am pretty brand bias.