PDA

View Full Version : lonestar style carrier

TOOLMANGTO
05-06-2008, 04:26 PM
probably a dumb question....but
On an 86 250r swingarm with a lonestar style carrier (I'll try and attach a pic)
Do you run orings on the outside of the carrier where it slides into the swingarm, like on the stock carrier ? or do you just grease that area and call it good ? Seems to fit really tight even without any orings in there ?

Aceman
05-06-2008, 04:29 PM
No grease or o-rings. If you grease it, it may cause it to slip loosening your chain. I have a hard enough time keeping mine tight without grease...;)

86 Quad R
05-06-2008, 11:56 PM
i run the o-rings and grease without any problems

Aceman
05-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
i run the o-rings and grease without any problems

Well, I guess you can throw my previous post right out the window...:p

86 Quad R
05-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Well, I guess you can throw my previous post right out the window...:p

not necessarily. lol i've seen some carriers have looser fitment than others. yours could be one of them if yours is spinning under load. :cool:

i've seen the older twin bolt crimp style give problems before rarely have i seen the 4 bolt crimp allow slippage.

Aceman
05-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
not necessarily. lol i've seen some carriers have looser fitment than others. yours could be one of them if yours is spinning under load. :cool:

i've seen the older twin bolt crimp style give problems before rarely have i seen the 4 bolt crimp allow slippage.

It is an Rpm swinger with 4 pinch bolts. I tighten it by hand with a stubby ratchet, I'm a little squemish to really torque on it. I have this fear of cracking the swinger from overtightening which ultimately ends up causing it to loosen from lack of torque.:rolleyes: