PDA

View Full Version : help fund(or parts) for hurt racers

frito
05-06-2008, 11:51 AM
This past weekend 2 good friends where on the way to greenbrier tt race during all the storms.They had a bad wreck and lost everything.Brent marler and shawn flint from mayfield,ky where thee names and ride for tom miller motorsports,both where ok, brent airlifted to hospital with punctured lungs and all beat up and shawn broke nose and ankle,both where real lucky,as they got out truck and new toyhauler exploded,They lost 2 new 2007 trx 450,s all new never even ridden yet and a brand new toyhauler(2 months old) and a 2003 z71 chevy.The truck had ins. but nothing else did,all bikes clothes ,parts everything is gone.These are both great guys that just got a bad break.Im starting a little fund to help them out.Anything will help,parts,clothes,money anything,I know things are tight for everyone now, but racers allways take care of there own,we are like a big family,im donating 100.00 towards this,but people can do anything,even 5.00 anything these guys lost there everythings.

donations can be sent to

fristoe powersports
po box 67
hickory,ky 42051
c/o brent marler and shaen flint

Thank you all as they will....

yfz3x
05-06-2008, 06:41 PM
if this is real you are doing a great thing!!and there lucky to have friend like you. but those of us that want to help out, how do we know this isnt a scam?
im not bashing you at all just give us some proof that this is going to them in some way and im sure we would be more than happy to help out and donate.(perhapes use a paypal account?)
you gotta realize this in this day and age,
agian im not bashing we just wanna make sure this is gonna help out those guys, this must be devistating for them.couldnt image loosing all that..

also what size are they for gear? helmat pants ect..

bearair
05-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Found a mention of it on an Arkansas news site, this is what it said.

About 5 p.m. later that day, Memphis resident James Paulsen, 39, was killed on Interstate 40 in a four-car accident in Prairie County, according to state police.

A 1999 Volvo tractor-trailer, driven by Souren Movsesian, 38, of Glendale, Calif., was stopped in the westbound lane whenPaulsen, who was driving a 1999 Dodge pickup, swerved to miss the vehicle. The pickup, however, slid under the trailer.

A 1999 Chevy pickup, driven by Shawn Flint, 20, of Mayfield, Ky., also stuck the tractor-trailer, injuring him and passenger Brent Marler, 31, also of Mayfield.

A 1999 GMC pickup, driven by Cody Branch, 18, of Portageville, Mo., struck a trailer that was being pulled by Flint’s pickup, police said.

Branch was uninjured.

Marler and Flint were taken to Forrest City Medical Center where they were treated and released.

endquote

1999 p/u, not a 2003, no listing for type of trailer or what was in it. Note that they were treated and released so I doubt anyone had a punctured lung. You get to stay a couple days with a tube in your chest for that one. Unless the news story is incorrect.

So far that's all I could find on the accident. The accident took place although no fault is listed and there was no mention of an explosion which I think would have been newsworthy. Also no way of saying for sure that anyone has set up a "help" fund.

Not to be a naysayer, but why no insurance?

frito
05-06-2008, 08:35 PM
ok smart ***, my year was off on truck,They live 10 miles up the road from me,Brent just bought a house and took money from that and paid off the toyhauler thats why,you never think of this stuff happening.Also this is not a scam, i have been around racing since early 90,s and have won my fair of nationals mx and tt and even the 250 a class,I dont need the money,, so im not scamming 270 519 0997 is my cell and chrisfristoe@hotmail.com is my paypal,i just know what they told me and people that seen it told me,I will try and post a pick of it,the pic has branches truck and trailer in rear on fire and you can barely see there rigg going up in flames,this is just when it started for any doubting me..

frito
05-06-2008, 08:43 PM
brent marler
pants 36
jersey xl
helmet xl
boots 12

shawn flint
pants 32
jersey l
helmet m
boots 11

hope people believe me here is your pic

bearair
05-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by frito
ok smart ***, my year was off on truck,They live 10 miles up the road from me,Brent just bought a house and took money from that and paid off the toyhauler thats why,you never think of this stuff happening.Also this is not a scam, i have been around racing since early 90,s and have won my fair of nationals mx and tt and even the 250 a class,I dont need the money,, so im not scamming 270 519 0997 is my cell and chrisfristoe@hotmail.com is my paypal,i just know what they told me and people that seen it told me,I will try and post a pick of it,the pic has branches truck and trailer in rear on fire and you can barely see there rigg going up in flames,this is just when it started for any doubting me..

Whoa, hold on there. I was just putting up what I found as far as an accident report on the net. Didn't mean to start a war over it. Someone asked the question about it being real, I posted what I was able to find. I didn't say it didn't happen, just posted what one of the Arkansas news sources was reporting as to what happened and the injuries being reported.

I'm sorry for their loss and I hope they heal okay. As far as the fund goes, hope things go well for it. I also understand that things do happen. They've happened to me a bit in life. That's a lesson I learned from a similar situation when someone wiped out a paid for car and they didn't have insurance. I was only carrying liability so ended up hosed. I carry insurance on all the toys now as a result. I just asked the question didn't ask to have my head chopped off.