PDA

View Full Version : cooling fan ?s key switch

STEVEDU2
05-06-2008, 09:01 AM
i bought another trx450r the key switch is already gone and i know for the fan to run two wires need to be spliced but i cant remember what two can anyone help me with this.also what colors are the wires for the key switch because there is 3 connections not pluged in under the hood.any help would be much appreciated.
thanks

c_van_kessel
05-06-2008, 04:49 PM
hey man. I can look in my book or at my quad and help you out but i am not sure what you are looking for. Let me know i can maybe help you out.

05-06-2008, 04:57 PM
The connector for the key switch is black. The wires are red, green. black and black with a white stripe. You need to splice the red and black one together and the fan, lights and carb heater will start working again. The other 2 wire (green & blak with a white stripe) can be hooked to a Pro design teather kill switch. The green is the ground and gets hook up to the wire that comes out of the metal part of the switch. The black with a white stripe get hooked to the wire that comes out of the plunger.

Tell me what color the other connectors are that are unplugged and I will tell you what they are for.

STEVEDU2
05-06-2008, 05:41 PM
thanks trx450r fan works fine now.the other two are temp light and nuetral.thanks for the info much appreciated.:)

05-06-2008, 06:23 PM
You're welcome.