PDA

View Full Version : lose reverse with parking brake block off?

11-07-2001, 04:01 PM
I have a 300ex and my parking brake doesnt even work so i wanna take it off but do you lose reverse with the block off kit? And what would be a good place to order it from and are they hard to instal or take off i guess. Thanks

400exJOE
11-07-2001, 05:15 PM
I have a 400 but am famillier with the 300's (stupid) brake and reverse set up. The reverse is set under the parking brake so a block off shouldn't affect the reverse.

kc 300EX
11-07-2001, 05:59 PM
The best thing to do, is to buy a new clutch and perch, and get rid of the parking brake and reverse cable completely

You do that by removing entire parking brake system and replacing with plate.

then you need to get rid of the reverse cable(button activated cable, ya know?) you do that by removing the button and cable, and doing the "Hetrick Reverse Mod" It is on this site somewhere I believe, ive done it, it works well

then you replace the crappy stock clutch and perch with your choice of aftermmarket one

I dont know of any way to keep the stock clutch and perch with a parking break block off

trueblue450
11-07-2001, 07:48 PM
Well that really sucks.... How much does a clutch perch and other stuff cost? everything = $ .. something that I don't have.

kc 300EX
11-07-2001, 07:59 PM
yeah, it does kinda suck......

Clutch levers and perches vary in price, I have a 45 dollar Moose, adj. on the fly, I like it a lot, and to me it was worth the 45 bux, but yeah, come on, 45 bux for a little lever and a bracket, come on, rite. There are cheaper ones! You can buy something like a sunline, or a pep for cheaper. Look in Dennin Kirk Dirt bike section, theres lots of levers in there, some in the 15 dollar range

400exRacerX
11-07-2001, 10:35 PM
Heres the link to the 300ex reverse mod, http://www.exriders.com/tech/reverse.shtml

quadfamily
11-08-2001, 08:33 PM
There's no reason you can't use the stock clutch perch if you have an e-brake blockoff plate installed. The blockoff plate bolts to the rear brake caliper where the e-brake parts are supposed to be. You should be able to remove the e-brake from the caliper, remove the cable completely and install the blockoff and still use the stock clutch perch. Then after you save up some money you can get the Moose perch. It's worth it, I have one too. I can't think of a reason you can't do this.