PDA

View Full Version : when installing aftermarket clutch perch and lever...

dang400ex
05-05-2008, 09:45 PM
I know there was an article at one point on what wires have to be messed with and rewired when you install a aftermarket clutch perch and lever to allow you to start in gear...but i cant find it.

could someone please explain the process to me or find an article...

thanks
adam

badk1dizsik
05-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Are you talking about being able to start in gear or in neutral without pulling in the clutch?

dang400ex
05-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that unless you rewire it, you cant start when in gear (with the clutch lever pulled in) but you can still start in neutral as always....

badk1dizsik
05-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I can start in gear with the clutch pulled in and now I can start in gear without the clutch pulled in. Anyways I just got a new easy pull clutch lever and perch for my 400ex. When you take your stock clutch perch off you will see a little black box with 2 wires going into it clip the wires and box off and then strip back some of the wire twist them togather put electrical tape on them and your good to go.

dang400ex
05-05-2008, 10:23 PM
well I know theres a way to fix them wires so your quad doesnt start in gear without the clutch pulled in. I know i dont want mine to....

tri5ron
05-05-2008, 11:49 PM
when you disconnect the two wires from the stock perch, Your quad will start ONLY when your shifter is in neutral.
( or in other words,.. Only when you have a green neutral light on).

If you put a jumper between these two wires,...
your quad can start ANYTIME the key is on, the red kill switch is in the center position, and the starter button is pushed.
( this means, wheather it IS in gear, or not)

dang400ex
05-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Do our quads always start without the clutch pulled in? I cant remember and Im not by my quad now...

hornetgod13
05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Stock set up does not allow the quad to start in gear unless the clutch is pulled in. Once you install an aftermarket clutch perch you must splice the two wires together off the safety switch or you will have to shift in to neutral every time you want to start your quad.

dang400ex
05-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies.