PDA

View Full Version : Crank seals??

LONG-ROD
05-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I was wondering if the flywheel crank seal should bottom out as in go as far as it can untill it hits the bearing, and should the crank be kinda difficult to turn over with new crank seaks.

honda350r
05-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Absolutly not and it will have a drag to it when the seals are instaled correctly!

The mag side seal installs @ 5mm deep !

LONG-ROD
05-06-2008, 04:53 AM
So I need to take it out and put a new seal in , what is the beast way to remove it and what should I use to drive them in?

C-LEIGH RACING
05-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by LONG-ROD
So I need to take it out and put a new seal in , what is the beast way to remove it and what should I use to drive them in?

Yes you do, because, I dont think you want me to tell you what happens after that seal rubs the main bearing cage causing it to come apart & then nothing to hold the balls in place, :eek: it gets ugly after that.

I've seen guys take an ice pick & punch a hole in the seal body, then turn a sheet metal screw into the hole & pull it out that way.
Just dont stick the ice pick in to far or run the screw in to far, far enough to touch the bearing.
Only other way is a small flat long screwdriver incerted past the seal lips & then pry it out.
Either way, be carefull not to damage the bearing.
Neil