PDA

View Full Version : Viper 70 question

USMCSKI
05-05-2008, 07:39 PM
I came across a good deal on a 2005 viper 70 and bought it for my 4 yr old son to get started on. After riding it around the yard myself I realized that its too fast. I tinkered with the cdi box and throttle limit screw but it still seems too fast. any suggestions?

Bill Lemans
05-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Did you adjust the screw all the way in ? On my sons you could adjust so it wouldnt even go , just idle. If you can't get it that way you can restrict the exhaust a bit(if it isn't already) or even put lighter rear clutch springs in so it engages at a lower rpm. If your clutch engagement speed idleis high rpm , it will move a bit faster due to higher rpm's, once it's engaged. If you can lower the rpm's it engages at, maybe it will help.

I'm sure there are other ways , but i'm not an expert.You could starve it, or richen it up but that usually has consequences.....you don't really want the motor to run off tune to satisfy the un-need for speed:D

I rode behind him on the back until he had experience and confidence, and could touch the pegs;)

Someone here has the best answer......