PDA

View Full Version : Update on Johnny Schafe?

raidernut
05-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Any body heard how John Schafe is doing? He took a really nasty wreck at adelanto, and our family is just wondering if he is ok

komik
05-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Copied from Arizona Quad Forum

Johnny is doing better. It started when Johnny tried to avoid Dustin Terry's quad when Dustin lost control due to missing a shift, and Johnny was tagged on his left side, causing Johnny to crash. Johnny was unconscious for the better part of 10 minutes, while Dustin parked his bike in front of Johnny and helped track workers route the pro race around Johnny. Johnny was air lifted to Loma Linda Medical Hospital (about 15 mins from Glen Helen), where he under went a CT scan and then into surgery for his left wrist at about 8pm. Surgery went well, and there are no major head injuries besides a concussion. I will post more when I get word. A big thanks to Dustin Terry for the ultimate in sportsmanship, the Capogni family, Larry Heidler, and the Racetown395 track crew.
Robert Kramar #119

Just a quick update....Spoke with Johnny last night about 6:30pm. Surgery went well, but they did have to use some hardware. He is in lots of pain due to the extensive nerve and tendon damage. He will be able to come home in the next day or two, as soon as he can manage the pain with just pills.
Robert Kramar #119

daddio
05-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks for posting...............

komik
05-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Taked with Kramar today, He said Johnny is back home and recovering. I'm sure he will be out for a while to get his wrist back to race conditions. Hope his recovery is better the I hear the ride home was like.

Get Well Soon Shafe....

esr250r86
05-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Get well soon Shafe

daddio
10-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Johnny was riding again at Competitive edge..........