PDA

View Full Version : full system pipes

400exrules
11-26-2002, 10:47 PM
is it ok to put a full system pipe on a stock quad or just go with a slip-on bec. somewhere i heard full systems are pretty much pointless unless its bored or has engine work.I just want to know bec. im trying to decide what pipe im gonna get for my 400 when i get it. thanks

Cody

DESDAK4
11-26-2002, 11:34 PM
I just ordered a Trinity Stage IV and they swear that no matter what mods you have you will never need another pipe and it is supposed to give awsome gains and on top of that it is about the sweatest looking pipe out there in my opinion. Not to mention it can be bought for 395.

Jay
USAF

OutlawEX
11-26-2002, 11:40 PM
No matter what pipe u get u will be able to tell a huge increase in power,look at Lrd's or Big guns exhaust

11-27-2002, 12:48 AM
Cody,

Not that the previous replies are incorrect (both were good) but rather maybe just not complete.

You actually answered your own question and if you dont have the extra 2-3 hundred for the full system you should go with the silencer since thats where you get the most bang for the buck.

Look at most all the pipe comparisons (the good and biased ones) and there is not as much gained for the money spent on the header as the silencer.

If you take some time and search out pipes here you wil see that some builders use the stock header.

I have the stk header (modified) on mine and it RIPS.

QuadJunkies
11-27-2002, 12:59 AM
I think our Full system on our Yoshi made a world of difference:)

Sparks425Ex
11-27-2002, 07:42 AM
If you have the money get a full system. You will prolly end up doing motor mods in the future anyway so you might as well be prepared. And a Full system vs a Slip on. The full system is better unless we are talkin TC.

You will be able to tell the diff between a slip on and a full system but not as much as you will once you have engine work.

flaneledholes
11-27-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
Cody,

Not that the previous replies are incorrect (both were good) but rather maybe just not complete.

You actually answered your own question and if you dont have the extra 2-3 hundred for the full system you should go with the silencer since thats where you get the most bang for the buck.

Look at most all the pipe comparisons (the good and biased ones) and there is not as much gained for the money spent on the header as the silencer.

If you take some time and search out pipes here you wil see that some builders use the stock header.

I have the stk header (modified) on mine and it RIPS.

I agree, it is really not worth the money unles you have notoe work... So just htink ahead about your motor work, if you do plan on getting a little more umph in the motor, them I would opt for the full system... I would tell you what kinda pipe to get, but I am not sponsored so I am not going to promote a pipe, even though I am running the hmf system...

400exrules
11-27-2002, 09:09 AM
when you guys say engine work you mean like 416 kits and 440's and stuff right?sorry im not a genious

YZROOSTINYA
11-27-2002, 09:14 AM
or just a high comp piston and cam, stk bore, but yes they mean larger displacement or cam/compression change