PDA

View Full Version : Longer shifter??

Aceman
05-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Anyone know who makes a longer shifter? I just picked up a pair of Gaerne boots and my feet are too fat to work the shifter properly(I could just be mildly retarded too!). I'm running a stock length Pro Design shifter right now, it's about 5 1/8" center to center from the shift shaft to the foot pedal. I called Pro Design as well as Colby at C&D and they couldn't find anything aftermarket that would fit. Does anything crossover from other models, etc? Ideally I'd like to find something an inch or so longer. I think part of the problem is I'm running those extra wide Roll pegs that seem to be a more forward design than stock.

I don't want to pay a welder to extend it, it'd probably cost $90 by the time he got done with me. Thanks.

deathman53
05-05-2008, 06:16 PM
trx450r shifters are the same, maybe one of them is longer?

wilkin250r
05-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Have you tried taking it off and rotating it up one tooth? It might make it a easier to get underneath it.

Aceman
05-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Have you tried taking it off and rotating it up one tooth? It might make it a easier to get underneath it.

I wish that was it, I tried rotating it up a notch or two but then the lever was too high to comfortably downshift with.

Anybody know if the 450R has a longer shifter?

atvmxr
05-06-2008, 10:46 PM
ah the joys of breaking in new boots... :D

my old gaerne's eventually were great, but now I got a new pair and it feels like Im wearing big ole blocks on my feet again... lol In a few months they should soften up a little and work better. M2C

my88r
05-06-2008, 10:56 PM
dam, what size are your feet.:p

05-07-2008, 01:17 AM
ok take your boot an bend the sh!!t out of it! lol thats what i do with mine new boots just suck thats why i dont get new ones if i dont have to cuz they are so hard to brake in

Aceman
05-07-2008, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by atvmxr
ah the joys of breaking in new boots... :D

In a few months they should soften up a little and work better. M2C
A FEW MONTHS!?!?:cuss:

Originally posted by 450killer265R
ok take your boot an bend the sh!!t out of it! lol thats what i do with mine new boots just suck thats why i dont get new ones if i dont have to cuz they are so hard to brake in
I think I'll just drive over them with a truck a few times....:bandit:

Originally posted by my88r
dam, what size are your feet.:p
14, could that have something to do with it?:D

my88r
05-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Aceman

14, could that have something to do with it?:D

BIGFOOT:D

xlr810
05-07-2008, 06:56 PM
not sure if you want to "downgrade" to a stock shift lever, but I measured one out at about 5-3/4" center to center. They are not expensive from Honda.

Aceman
05-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by xlr810
not sure if you want to "downgrade" to a stock shift lever, but I measured one out at about 5-3/4" center to center. They are not expensive from Honda.

Thank you.

I bought this R with the Pro Design shifter already on it and assumed it was stock length. I'll be ordering the Honda shifter tomorrow. Function over asthetics...

Originally posted by my88r
BIGFOOT:D

:uhoh:

:)

deathman53
05-07-2008, 07:50 PM
alot of the aftermarket shifters are -1 shifters, so are the brake pedals. I think esr's shifters and brake pedals are -1 also. I beleive pro-design has a standard and -1, most probably bought the -1.

mxduner
05-08-2008, 04:11 PM
I can vouch for aceman. I bought a pro design shifter standard length and mine is a good bit to short as well.at the time i couldnt understand why they would make a -1 shifter.This is on a stock setup. I thought at 1 time the ac propegs relocate there foot pegs back and down alittle... anybody know of this? we need help:(

Aceman
05-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
I beleive pro-design has a standard and -1, most probably bought the -1.

Unfortunately, no. I talked to them, this is their standard length shifter.

Factory shifter is on order.

atvmxr
05-09-2008, 12:00 AM
dude really, i wear a size 14 too....... just give it a lil bit and you'll get used to it. kinda like the first time you wear riding pants and your butt is sliding all over the seat :D

Aceman
05-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by atvmxr
kinda like the first time you wear riding pants and your butt is sliding all over the seat :D

Don't worry, when that happens I'll start a thread about that too...:o

:p