PDA

View Full Version : MXR 450 filter kits

azza450
05-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Just wondering what filter/intake kits are currently available for the Outlaw MXR 450, who did you buy them through and what sort of gains have you noticed.

You guys in the US are able to get these parts a lot quicker than here in Australia.

My race bike runs a modified 540cc engine, air intake has the airbox lid removed and the bottom cut out of the airbox in front of the rear shock, this mod improved the throttle response and gave the engine much more snap. The motor goes hard but I can't help but think the filter setup is still limiting its potential, power drops off substantially when the filter gets dirty, more so than other bikes I've ridden.

I've heard Rath are pretty close with their system and Prodesign already have one but none of the websites are up to date. Any info or pics would be great.

Azza.

Polaris 450MXR
05-14-2008, 06:14 PM
The Southside guys that run NEATV have used a uni round style filter and cut an oval in the box so that the filter is directly attatched to the carb.They also run without the airbox lid. Polaris had done this on some of there research quads and has worked really well. if you talk to the dealer they should be able to get the part number

azza450
05-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Thanks fella, I'll look into it.

If Polaris research use the feedback they get from racers/riders and make improvements for next years model it could turn out to be a pretty awesome machine.