PDA

View Full Version : Question about maier race plastics

badk1dizsik
05-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi guys I was just looking around to get new plastics and I like the maier front race cut fenders. I know it eliminates the lights but in the pics I didn't see a key hole or a neutral light hole. Probley a stupid question to something i'm just not seeing but can anyone tell me where the key and neutral light goes with that front?

dustin_j
05-05-2008, 09:50 AM
The plastics don't have a place to put the key and neutral light. You can either make your own bracket, cut holes in the plastic or just zip tie them somewhere. My brother's has a hole drilled with a notch to fit the notch on the key, and it works great. It's right on the other side of the bars as you are sitting on it. Hope this helps.

Brandonkendall0
05-05-2008, 10:04 AM
you have to make your own like dustin_j said. its real easy and you can put them where you want.

badk1dizsik
05-05-2008, 12:25 PM
ok thank you

chadbarger18
05-05-2008, 12:34 PM
when i ordered the race plastic for my 400 they sent me like a bracket that bolts to the handel bar mounts and it held the key

mooseracerX
05-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by chadbarger18
when i ordered the race plastic for my 400 they sent me like a bracket that bolts to the handel bar mounts and it held the key
x2 when I bought mine it already had the quad tech hood on it so they made a plate to go on the handlebar mount, works great.

red_rider_069
05-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by badk1dizsik
Hi guys I was just looking around to get new plastics and I like the maier front race cut fenders. I know it eliminates the lights but in the pics I didn't see a key hole or a neutral light hole. Probley a stupid question to something i'm just not seeing but can anyone tell me where the key and neutral light goes with that front? its not stup[id question.. i drilled holes in mine and im pretty sure you can do it with the plastics.. unless u dont want to drill holes in them you gonna have fun finding a spot.. but i''d drill holes where the hood should be.. same with key slot.. thats what i did atleast..

mooseracerX
05-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by red_rider_069
its not stup[id question.. i drilled holes in mine and im pretty sure you can do it with the plastics.. unless u dont want to drill holes in them you gonna have fun finding a spot.. but i''d drill holes where the hood should be.. same with key slot.. thats what i did atleast..
Like I said before you could make a simple little bracket to go on the top two bolts of your steering stem. Mine is just a simple piece of aluminum with holes drilled in it. If you did that you wouldn't have to find a new place for your wires to run.

red_rider_069
05-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by mooseracerX
Like I said before you could make a simple little bracket to go on the top two bolts of your steering stem. Mine is just a simple piece of aluminum with holes drilled in it. If you did that you wouldn't have to find a new place for your wires to run. im not looking to argue. im jsut giving the guy an idea.:cool:

mooseracerX
05-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Oh I wasn't saying he couldn't do that, I was just giving ideas. I'm sorry if my tone was off.