PDA

View Full Version : Tire Studding woes.....help!

NoFrillz
11-26-2002, 10:01 PM
allright here goes, so I've decided to stud my tires, seeing as I live in the true north....ugh...lol, anyways I have ITP holeshot's on the rear and the stock ex tires on the front, so after I purchase the ice racing studs 1/2 inch I put on into the centre of each "X" pattern lug on the holeshots and one in each of the lugs on the front tires that make up the top 3 bands on the front tire.

Now here's where it gets interesting, I take the quad out for approximately 10 min. on a stuble field, partially snow covered, rip it up fer a bit and then come in to check my tires, which are missing approximately 15 studs per tire on the rear tires, none on the front. Now aside from lining the tires or putting in larger studs because I'd like to remove the studs and run the tires for a bit longer in the summer what can I do??

P.S: I was running the rear tires at about 4 pounds of pressure, I've been told perhaps I should reduce the pressure to about 1.5 to 2 pounds. which I reduced to 2 afterwards. I just want to be able to ride in snow covered fields, and ice......

HELP!

lol thanks
Layne

NoFrillz
11-26-2002, 10:35 PM
anybody......lol

CFM Performance
11-27-2002, 06:59 AM
My opinion, the Holeshots tire compound is too soft to hold the screws in place. When I bought my R from a farmer 3 years ago, it had Holeshots with screws in them. Half of them were missing. They make a tire designed for putting screws in and they are not that expensive.

phatswinn
11-27-2002, 08:48 AM
u really dont need many, just do down the center in the front and buy some ice racing tires for like $30 and ull be all set for the winter

NoFrillz
11-27-2002, 11:11 AM
Thanks guys......... but have you seen the Canadian dollar, nothing is cheap up here...except bull testicles.lol, j/k