PDA

View Full Version : prep for baja

culichi
05-05-2008, 01:39 AM
ok so planning on running the baja 250 im trying to sell my ltr to get the polaris either the irs or the 525s or the im ktm 525 what are the essential parts for me to get. (i already have a team CoppelRacing Team) so lets hear some CONSTRUCTIVE opinions

CannondaleRider
05-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Baja 250?

Got the 500, end of this month, into next month. Then, obviously, the 1000 in November.

There wasn't really a "Baja" 250 on the roster this year. The San Felipe 250 was in March?

Talking about next year maybe?

Just curious.

culichi
05-06-2008, 12:05 AM
yup

juanki
05-06-2008, 10:33 AM
que a toda madre que puedas correr, unos amigos han corrido en moto y han quedado en 1er lugar en el 2006 en la categoria sportman de motos, en el equipo nextel sonora. les preguntaré acerca de la logistica y demas. suerte

450rcrazy022692
05-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by juanki
que a toda madre que puedas correr, unos amigos han corrido en moto y han quedado en 1er lugar en el 2006 en la categoria sportman de motos, en el equipo nextel sonora. les preguntaré acerca de la logistica y demas. suerte

Im not spanish but i take spanish in school. He is trying to say some of his friends rode it and took first in 2006 in the sportsman catagory. They rode for team nextel.

250r rider 88
05-06-2008, 12:41 PM
it will depend alot on the quad you get, for example no suspension "really" needed with the ktm whereas with the polaris you owuld have to get a long travel as that is the normal for desert racing. a good set of 6 ply tires Maxxis Razrs have won the last like what 4 or 5 Baja 1000s, beadlocks, skids, flex bars would be a good investment, steering dampener basically it comes down to how well you put the quad together there was an article in i think QUAD that showcased a baja machine and the prep on it, and the most important thing they said was LOCTITE everywhere, imo you will spend less money overall with the KTM and could do well with alot less

juanki
05-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 450rcrazy022692
Im not spanish but i take spanish in school. He is trying to say some of his friends rode it and took first in 2006 in the sportsman catagory. They rode for team nextel.

nicley going, sorry if i post in spanish but i think its the first time that i post for a contryman.

and yes, a tem formed of a friend here in my hometown and my wife cousin won in 06 in the sportman class, some of my fiends where ther to cheere and help, also that year another hometown riders crashed really bad hurting his back, but thank God, at the end he was ok, coldn walk for a while, but now he is riding the hell out of his bike.

culichi, probably the ktm will be the best choice, but if you get sponsor with the team you can bulid a hell of a bike, but first of all start training running, endurance, pesas, its a demanding race,

dont know if in sinaloa there are xc races, here in sonora we have some, last weekend in huatabampito there was a 10.5 mile course for 5 laps of trails and dunes. chek www.atodomotor.tv

culichi
05-06-2008, 10:31 PM
thanks juanki im leaning towards the ktm alot! and yeah i need to do alot of things stop smoking for like 2 weeks before or a month, run alot, no echar la weva tanto! but yeah thank you for everything

PS:
sabes quien es valerio gonzales?

culichi
05-06-2008, 10:34 PM
ooo and about the races yes there are but there like little endurance ones really hard actually, i got in third on the one thas was like two weeks ago here in altata because i flipped over:S but i was the youngest one and the guy in second was 33 seconds ahead of me. me castre por k cuando me voltie se me olvido quitar la llave y volverla a poner y no keria pprender y estuve como un minuto ahi hahahaha ( i was really pissed becuase i forgot to take out the key when i flipped and i lost like a minute there)

my88r
05-06-2008, 11:00 PM
ktm 525. would be great for a long endurance race.

juanki
05-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by culichi

PS:
sabes quien es valerio gonzales?

i think he's a trophy truck driver....
why?

05-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Actually I hear the 700xx is going to be a great Baja quad. Currently getting aftermarket parts you might have a tough time i'm not sure. I dont think there are many parts for them yet.

gojk
05-08-2008, 02:24 PM
From what I gather, you should invest in loctite and put it on every nut and bolt.

culichi
05-08-2008, 03:06 PM
hmm i really like the locktite idea its really nice. the 700xx mmmmm.... lets just say im not really into 700cc quads there just to tipsy and with irs....

yes he is a truck trophy rider juanki is that im racing on his team