PDA

View Full Version : Im stumped on this thing not starting???/

blacknblue#2
05-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Well some of you may have read in my last thread i waterlogged my 450 when goofin off. Well it wouldnt start by the button but it would by shoving it. It will turn over by the button just not start. You can shove it 10 feet and its running. Ive draned everything multiple times. Ive got a new battery on it. Ive cleaned the carb ive done it all. I rode it all day at an mx track today but always had to shove it. The starter will turn the motor over all day or until the bat does dead but it just wont hit off the button.................is it possible something is shorting out and killing the fire when i hit the starter button...If i can get it figured out before long its gonna become a kick start.

blasterfreak99
05-05-2008, 06:19 AM
sounds like your starter is bad. its still turning over just not fast enough to start the motor

blacknblue#2
05-05-2008, 02:10 PM
well thats what alot of ppl have said but its turning over as fast as it always did. Actually i remember a few times i left the key on and ran the bat low it turned over alot slower than this and still started.

flowmasterz
05-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Did you ever find out what was wrong with your bike? Mine is doin like the same thing. I will only start by pulling it and dumping the clutch. Im lost ive tried everything also and still no start.

motoguy450r
05-12-2008, 08:19 PM
check your valve clearance, i have found that most of the time valve adjustment takes care of those "wont start but i can push it and it'll start" problems, not saying that is your problem but just check it to rule it out. good luck

blacknblue#2
05-12-2008, 10:04 PM
thanks for the suggestion. thats was one of the first things i tried i know it plays a big part.......just a little update it STILL WONT START off the button haha. Ive been shovin it every time. Its about to get a kick start. im thinkin something is shorting out somewhere when i hit the button and weakening the fire. I miss the kick start on my old 05 anyways cause when i stall this thing in a race its a bear to fire back up