PDA

View Full Version : my new toy

dilligaf
05-04-2008, 11:03 PM
ok i just got a 2001 400ex. it needs an ignition switch, tires and front sprocket chain gaurd. what issues does this year have if any and what should i look for when going over it. it's all stock as far as i can tell. any help would be great.thanks.

tri5ron
05-04-2008, 11:31 PM
first thing you need is a factory maintaince manual.

BigBore24
05-05-2008, 09:21 AM
check all the bearings. they are prone to go out on any atv especially one that is 7 years old. otherwise you shouldnt have too many problems, especially if you keep it mostly stock. just change the oil regularly and adjust the valves every so often

drew416ex
05-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Like bigbore said, mainly bearings, brakes, etc. I have a 2001 and have never had a problem besides normal wear and tear.

red_rider_069
05-05-2008, 05:47 PM
yea i agree with ^^^^^^^^ i'd mainly check brake pads.. and bearings.. clean filter and check/change oil.. if not done before selling by previous owner. i'd change oil filter.. ignition swtich you can prolly find on ebay there arent much... as far as the guard i'd go aftermarket if you can spare 30 bucks go to rockymountainatv an get a chrome one there nice.. (just giving you an idea..) and front tires i couldn't tell ya im having trouble findin a pair with rims on them.. :.. but that cuz there outa stock.. otherwise check rmatv for there tire/wheel kits.. like 150$$ for both fronts and rims.. gotta wait thought there temporatily outa stock for the steel itp rims.. cheapest ones.. :D.. im waiting fort hose atm. hope this helps gl