PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Cars or Karts

FourFiftyFour
05-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Well I dunno but I have always needed to do this. Dont know when I will actually do it (might have to wait a year or two) but I have always had a good talent with a "kart type" vehicle more than anything else I have ever done (this includes quads).

I have two options I am considering. I would rather not do full body cars, so late models, and bomber cars are out (doesnt look that fun to me either). I am looking at either the shifter karts, or a micro sprint (600cc).

I live near Houston, which has both types of racing available to me. I have some slight experience in a sprint car. I have driven a few times and raced twice. With my last time being a win. I got up to upper mid pack speed (compared to the fastest non wing class around) after being in a car 5 times. I havent been in a shifter kart, but am pretty good in other types of karts.

What would be more affordable, more fun, and better for a 5'6 23 year old woman? Weird question I know, but havent been into both worlds much so wouldnt know what would PROBABLY be the best solution for me. The one thing I like about sprints is the roll cage, the only thing..is the guys racing those tend to be a bit more "git-r-dun" boys that arent afraid to take you out in a race.

tat900
05-05-2008, 05:30 AM
my preference would be minisprints and theres tons of races around the south , also you at least get money back in races . both can be expensive I raced 2 years on dirt

FourFiftyFour
05-05-2008, 07:38 PM
bump

as of now, I am leaning towards a 600cc mini sprint. I know more people in it, and already know I can drive one pretty good. There is less traveling, and it looks as if the karting is more expensive than the sprints (well at least around here it seems to be).

I just didnt know if the karting had a better atmosphere... we tend to have a rowdy bunch of sprinters down here..complete with fights and fines and people getting kicked out of the track.

Id just have to keep to myself when I started racing my own car.

trx400EXtreme
05-05-2008, 07:43 PM
minisprints are soo much fun. my cousin races them and he runs the 600 alchohal class. even on the tiny tracks they run they go about 90. plus my uncle races 360 injected sprints. IMO, spending friday and saturday nights at the dirt track is one of the most fun things to do over the summer.

liljhall09
05-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey man i would deff , go with the mini sprints , then eventually u can move up to full 410 sprint car. Both my uncles have been racing sprints since they were 17 and love it , u just wish i had the money to do it or i would. Heres a pic of my uncles racin the Knoxville Nationals in Iowa ...

liljhall09
05-05-2008, 08:12 PM
i meant to say i wish i had the money ... heres my other uncle ...

pro-rider46
05-05-2008, 08:14 PM
you outta build one of these

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uE26moshnO8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uE26moshnO8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

FourFiftyFour
05-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by liljhall09
Hey man i would deff , go with the mini sprints , then eventually u can move up to full 410 sprint car. Both my uncles have been racing sprints since they were 17 and love it , u just wish i had the money to do it or i would. Heres a pic of my uncles racin the Knoxville Nationals in Iowa ...

I am a woman ;)

Yeah I dont think I could afford the full sized sprint cars unless I got majorly sponsored. I just have a good talent in a car, and decided that I might as well use that talent and see where it gets me. The 600 sized cars are fairly affordable (for what you get out of them) and I would be able to be competitive without having to revolve my life around it. I would probably only race once or twice a month unless something came of it.