PDA

View Full Version : suspension question

jpfmotors
05-04-2008, 07:49 PM
well i have been searching on this site for specs on adjusting my suspension 2005 450r all stock i have not found just what i am looking for, i have the preload set to show 2 threads on top front and rear but i am not sure of the compression and rebound front and rear. does the rear have comp. and rebound ajustment? the front i have 1 turn from all the way hard on comp. and rebound the rear i only see a screw at the top i think it is rebound there are 36 clicks and i have it 16 cliks from hard i am looking for a starting point and a breef description on what i amlooking for while riding i ride xc and trails and how to make the adjustment thanks for any help

Doug@J&D racing
05-04-2008, 09:18 PM
i changed my front springs on my 05 for woods racing big diffence over stock it handles great 100 times better i put the duel rate springs from gt thunder the stock springs are way to stiff for tight trails we ride the bike single tracks nothing over 50 inches wide. i had to stiffen up the compression on the shock a little and left the rebound alone the rear is also reboun and compression adjustable.

05-08-2008, 05:00 PM
on the rear shock the compression is on the top. the rebound is on the bottom of the shock , it is black and doesnt click. you will have to bend down to reach it, it is on the right of the quad if you are facing it.