PDA

View Full Version : Change anything?..

BenIL
05-04-2008, 01:10 PM
I have a DSX450...
What do you say?, Do I have to change anything ?
I mean to change A-Arms, suspensions, tires, rear axle etc.
What do you say?

Thanks,
Ben.

p.s.
I'm riding enduro style, like GNCC novices :D

dbkbushwacker
05-04-2008, 01:30 PM
What type of riding do you do?

BenIL
05-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Like I said, enduro, few jumps, a lot of dunes and fast trail driving.

inragedtwitch
05-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I like the roll designs awing for a-arms and shocks are really up to you. RPM axle if need be and for tires id go with some ITP H-D's

Mr. Big Time
05-04-2008, 05:20 PM
I would recommend FOX SHOX, but if you cant afford those then elka's are good too. Check out www.holzracingproducts.com for there set up. They have deals on front ends and fox shocks, and they are reputable, they have been around a long time. They also rebuild shocks. But bottom line is, I would get just some kind of good suspension, and a wider front end and axle, I race WORCS, which is kind of like GNCC, so just do your research and find what you can afford and what you think will work best for you.

DAMON

Mr. Big Time
05-04-2008, 05:24 PM
I didn't read your post carefully, If you are racing the x model, then I might just look in going wider and saving your money. Unless you don't like those shocks, but as far as too my knowledge, those shocks are supposes to be pretty good.

What do you think of the ds? Have you had any problems with it yet?

Damon

BenIL
05-04-2008, 09:46 PM
So far so good actually...
I got the DS before few days so I don't ride it hardly, but the rear axle and A-Arms are look weak.
Any reported problems about those?

african rider
05-05-2008, 01:24 PM
hey man

congrats!!

i have also the X model and have ordered EPIC A-arm's, fox float evol x shocks and LSR axle (epic's axle was on back order so..)
and also have HMF slipon and HMF fuel optimizer.

buy the way, that bike is sooo complicated to work on, just to replace the steering stem, it was helllllll

but after all, it's a great bike.

just go wider if you can afford it.
:devil:

atvlover
05-06-2008, 04:41 PM
We are running the Holz front end and Fox Shox. We couldn't be happier. Fox and Holz has done a tremendous amount of testing with us. They of all people have spent the most amount of time testing. Josh and Brandon love the suspension.

dbkbushwacker
05-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by atvlover
We are running the Holz front end and Fox Shox. We couldn't be happier. Fox and Holz has done a tremendous amount of testing with us. They of all people have spent the most amount of time testing. Josh and Brandon love the suspension.

How much did that set up costs?