PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for next mod

boosted3g
05-04-2008, 08:45 AM
I was riding yesterday and were at the coal hills and had plenty of drag racing and climbing going on. My 400 held its own and actually outran a stock yfz450SE all day long but im sure it was corked up from the factory. What i did notice was that i pulled on it hard until we hit 3rd gear and then it was about dead even or i might have pulled a very little. What i want to do it keep pulling in the higher rpms like I do in the mid range. I had it on the dyno and i make 41whp at 7800 but after that it starts to fall. Not bad which shows a decent head on the 400 but id like it to peak higher without giving up my midrange. What would you guys suggest. I do have a Rickey Stator revbox to increase the revs and add 5 deg timing across the board but i dont want to install it inless im on the dyno to detect any knock and i honestly feel its not going to add any top end just midrange and bottom end. All my engine mods are in my sig. What do you guys think about a bigger bore?

moorhous
05-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Get the head ported!

slowleak
05-04-2008, 09:47 AM
what he said^^^^^

boosted3g
05-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Thats what i am thinking but i havent heard conclusive evidence that it makes more power. Id like to have more compression but these head studs worry me not to mention the stock rod. I dont know where the stock will give up. I seen a guy in the dyno section break a rod a rod at 53 hp or close to that.