PDA

View Full Version : how long does it take to heal?

bossman525
05-04-2008, 07:32 AM
my wife broke her collar bone saturday out riding. were going to winchester bay june 9th, how long do these suckers take to heal?? she is going to a orthropedic monday

05-04-2008, 08:29 AM
i was out for 5-6 weeks with both of mine. but every1 heals different. she might be a rider in 4.. but mostly 6

JJs450r
05-04-2008, 09:13 AM
my buddy broke his and went riding 3 weeks later but it sore every now and again doctor told him to eat alot of pb js and drink milk

KXRida
05-04-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm not quite sure what the pb & j's would do, but calcium is your best friend for bones. Collar bones are not the most fun bones to break. When you're shopping try to find foods fortified with calcium. It's mainly going to be dairy products, but some orange juice also has calcium in it. Basically time is what heals bones. Seriously don't try to push anything until it's healed. You will be much better that it healed correctly. My ankles have gone to ***** because of stuff like that now. I broke my one, got out of a cast for two days, then broke it again and was in another cast for a month and a half.

Ralph
05-04-2008, 11:09 AM
You can get some calcium pills too to help it heal

jesseweaver
05-04-2008, 11:52 AM
i broke my collarbone a while ago riding bike. i didnt go to the doctor for a week and a half after i did it though. (it was the first bone i broke and i thought a broken bone would hurt more than that) they said id normally be in a sling for 6 weeks but since it had already been a week and it was doin good they said about 4 but i was playing baseball again in another 2 or 3 weeks. i guess it depends on how bad you break it too.

Flyin-Low
05-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Mine took a full 6 weeks plus some.. it was pretty bad though and the bones were so far apart it was close to needing surgery. I now have a HUGE lump where it was broken.

Pretty bad pic but I tried lol.

bossman525
05-04-2008, 07:26 PM
yea they did x-rays at hospital and the break wasnt anything serious but a small piece of bone broke off and they were a little conserned about that but didnt think she would need surgery tho. but other than that, my wife is an absolute soldier, she was more concerned about her quad than her shoulder. the quad flipped twice, she was doing probably 20 mph down a hill and then went over the bars in a major face plant, but she is tougher than a $2 dollar steak and is more worried about being able to go to winchester bay in june. i knew i married her for good reason. thanks for everybodies posts

hardtrailz400
05-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Hope she heals up soon and the piece of bone doesn't cause any problems.